Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 1 - Colin MacNeil or Neil Googe

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 November, 2020, 06:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Surely another of the favourites to take this tourney here, as Colin MacNeil an artists whose work is so utterly recognisable and comfortable, yet always finds new ways to twist and turn, to be different enters the fray. We can't feel sorry for Neil Googe however his work on nerdfest Survival Geeks is astonishingly good. In equal measures fresh and light, humorous and energetic, yet able to be darkly grim and threatening at the same time. I've never quite worked out how he managed to capture both so perfectly. He might appear an underdog but look at his work and we'll see he can hold his own against anyone.

Alas we still have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to Round 2, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Colin MacNeil - more info

OR

Neil Googe - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Saturday 14th November.

What the hell is all this? Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys

Whose in the two different tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Greg M.

Colin MacNeil is the artistic king of modern 2000AD and the premiere current Dredd artist. Whether you prefer his classic painted work, or, as I do, his contemporary style, MacNeil is the man.

Magnetica

rogue69

TordelBack

I flipping love Googe's art, it's pure sunshine on a page, clean, bright, characterful, witty and downright bouncy. It's a matter of some urgency that Tharg finds him a regular gig to replace Survival Geeks, lest the comic suffers Vitamin D deficiency.

Regrettably here he's up against Colin MacNeil, who habitually troubles my Top Five 2000AD Artists of All Time.

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry, Neil is great and all, but he's up against the guy that did the deaths of America Jara, Chopper* and Johnny Alpha*.
Colin.

*I know, I know.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 November, 2020, 08:45:29 AM
Sorry, Neil is great and all, but he's up against the guy that did the deaths of America Jara, Chopper* and Johnny Alpha*.
Colin.

*I know, I know.

Don't forget Hershey.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 November, 2020, 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 November, 2020, 08:45:29 AM
Colin.

*I know, I know.

Don't forget Hershey.

I remembered - I just couldn't bring myself to type it.  For Grud's sake, Tharg, will you just let Colin kill someone?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

abelardsnazz

Link Prime

ming

Colin MacNeil for me, but Neil Googe has been on amazing form on Survival Geeks so it's another fairly close call.