Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 1 - Carl Critchlow or Brett Ewins

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 November, 2020, 06:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Interesting. We've seen Carl Critchlow grow with us on the page as he developed his confidence, moved away from painted material and then started to produce some of the most imaginative, dynamic line art we have. Brett Ewins could have been said to have gone on a different trajectory as I'm not sure how popular this latter work was with readers? That said when drawing Rogue Trooper, Anderson, Dredd and of course Bad Company there haven't been many better.

Alas we still have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to Round 2, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Carl Critchlow - more info

Or

Brett Ewins - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Sunday 15th November.

What the hell is all this? Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys

Whose in the two different tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

Greg M.

For head-cables and asymmetrical chaps with at least one strange eye; for the ability to imbue throwaway characters with personality and depth; for Judge Anderson's bum - Brett Ewins, my favourite artist ever.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

I had forgotten about Critchlow's early painted work - I really liked it. He did a great Anderson story for IDW and he is criminally under used on Dredd.

But he is up against legendary Ealing artist Brett Ewins who gets my vote:

abelardsnazz

Bolt-01

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Brett Ewins. For Bad Company- one of the defining prog strips.

SBT

ming

AlexF

TordelBack

I've loved Critchlow's work from the White Dwarf days, and once he escaped the brown murk of the 90s his style only gets better. I rate his art on Lobster Random as a true classic of the modern era, and he draws great Mega-citizens too.

However Brett Ewins gave us Haunting of Sector House 9, The Wally Squad, the first Anderson Psi Div, The Possessed, Venus' bikini, Major Magnum and Bad Company. That's a resumé that takes some beating.

Brett all the way.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Link Prime

Funt Solo

I've got a lot of time for Carl "Thrud" Critchlow's etchings, but my vote goes to Brett Ewins for the great memories of Dark Judges taking out the Reagan blockers, The Haunting of Sector House 9 and Bad Company.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++