Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 1 - Jesus Redondo or Greg Staples

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 November, 2020, 06:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Greg M. on 18 November, 2020, 04:58:01 PM
I'm not sure I'd have predicted how spectacularly one-sided this is so far - I thought everyone loved the man with the great-and-correctly-spelled first name. (I mean, yeah, Jesus is a pretty good name too.)

Greg is beyond great, and by all accounts a righteous dude to boot. But he's up against my nightmares:

DrJomster

Redondo for me. Armageddon and the Nemesis hairy spiders win the day. Just. Greg is very very good though.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Dandontdare

Redondo - he was the master of that dark, ink-heavy continental style that shaped British comics in the 70s

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

This one seems to be going one way, much to my surprise as I was expecting this to be much closer. Again I think that the contrasting styles of both of these has draw so much praise and rightly so. Get any last votes in today and I'll count up in the morning.

Andy B

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Quote from: Greg M. on 18 November, 2020, 04:58:01 PM
I'm not sure I'd have predicted how spectacularly one-sided this is so far - I thought everyone loved the man with the great-and-correctly-spelled first name. (I mean, yeah, Jesus is a pretty good name too.)

Precisely this. Greg Staples may not have been a ... ready... ready Staple of the comic but he's had steady output across its time. The excitment generated by his 'Dark Justice' made me think he might win this one. However I'm very glad there is so much love for Jesus Redondo, one of my absolute favourites and it delight me to be able to say

Jesus Redondo

is through to the second round.