Main Menu

Festive Thrill-Tree: Charity Raffle!

Started by shaolin_monkey, 09 December, 2020, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Hi all

After the success of the last raffle for Magic Breakfast, many folk approached me asking if I would run another one, but with lots of donated prizes.

So here it is - freshly launched today, with a ton of stuff up for grabs!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ukcomicfansxmasnewyearraffle

Here's the blurb:

As you are probably aware, more than one in four children in the UK currently go hungry.  With little aid from the UK government, and more economic turmoil on the horizon, it turns once again to us to do what we can.

That is why I have chosen Magic Breakfast again for my fundraising raffle, which aims to provide the most vulnerable children their first meal of the day, and for many their only meal of the day.

Some of you will have participated in my model raffles before, where we raised a huge amount for Save the Children and Magic Breakfast. I am asking you once again to please dig deep for the kids of the U.K.

If you are a fan of independent UK comics, or Judge Dredd and 2000AD, you would likely love to win any of the following prizes, donated very generously by fans, artists, and comic editors.

The raffle will be drawn at the end of January.

Let's see what the prizes are:

TOP PRIZES

The '77 variant issues: The first three variant issues of new independent UK sci-fi comic The '77, which you may have already seen on the shelves of Forbidden Planet!

Original artwork from Andy Sawyer: Returning to illustration after a 25 year hiatus, Andy is currently illustrating The Cell for The '77, and recently created album art for Vertical Noise and The Aggros (Cro Mags).  He has offered a prize of an A4sketch of a subject of your choice!

Judge Minty – rare lead miniature: This is a much sought-after miniature amongst 2000AD fans, a very limited edition released in conjunction with the famous Judge Minty fan film!

Dave the Orangutan – one-off Judge Dredd Model: This is the last of Scowlin Munkeh's 2000AD models.  It is a one-of-a-kind one-off piece, based on the famous mayor of Mega-City One, Dave the Orangutan.  However, he comes with accessories, so he can also be turned into The Librarian from the famous Terry Pratchett Discworld novels!

Judge Dredd Block War Card Game: From 'Game and a Curry' games, this is a classic two-player card game where you go head-to-head as Mega-City One housing blocks, with the Judges in the middle trying to stop both of you!

Runner-Up Prizes:

Judge Dredd Annual 1987

2000AD Annual 1987

Judge Dredd Funko Pop – boxed

2000AD/SFX Playing Cards

Judge Dredd Coffee Mug

PLEASE READ THE RAFFLE RULES CAREFULLY

You MUST leave your name visible to be included in the raffle.  It is best to be registered and logged in to JustGiving to be able to do this.

Here's the deal with the raffle:

One ticket = £4

Three tickets = £10

Seven tickets = £20

You can enter as many times as you like. However, you can ONLY WIN ONE PRIZE.

I will be drawing for the runner-up prizes first. If you win, and your name is drawn a second time, I will redraw for any further prizes.

If you want to be included in the raffle you MUST provide your name and one way by which I can contact you if you win.

If you are entering the raffle DO NOT tick the gift aid box - it isn't applicable for raffle tickets.

PLEASE donate if you are not entering the raffle. Any amount will be gratefully received.

I will be keeping the page open until 31/01/21, and doing the draw shortly after that. I will then contact the lucky winners and arrange for the items to be parcelled and posted to you.

Thank you everyone! Please give generously – keeping the kids of the UK fed isn't just for Xmas!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Yeah baby, I fancy a piece of that action! 'Man yersel, Shaolin.

shaolin_monkey

I'm having the same problem Eamonn is - you need to type your name in and allow it to be visible for me to be able to stick you in the raffle. It is one of those quirks of JustGiving that makes it a bit annoying.

Go to the link above, have a look for your name in the list of donations, and if you cannot see yours then please email me your JustGiving email receipt to:

scowling dot monkey at googlemail dot com

Funt Solo

That Judge Minty reminds me of a Lawmaster (Citadel) mini I used to own*. Like this one:

*This post sponsored by Bump Industries.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

shaolin_monkey

Hey folks - RAFFLE UPDATE!!

**JUST ADDED**

Rogue Trooper rucksack:  This incredibly rare item is from the superb licensed merchandiser of 2000AD products, Planet Replicas.  A large and versatile rucksack, complete from grenade shaped holders, and Bagman biochip, this is a wonder to behold!

Scarlet Traces graphic novel:  From the genius minds of Ian Edginton and D'Israeli comes this crazy story of what happened after the Martian Invaders were repelled by Earth's bacteria in Edwardian England!

** JUST ADDED **

This will be running until end of January, with new prizes added weekly, so if you don't fancy a punt yet, keep checking in!

shaolin_monkey

Please share the JustGiving link to anyone who might be interested!!

Funt Solo

Ooh! A Rogue Trooper rucksack sounds fun. I might have to disguise the grenades, though...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

I'm thinking that whoever wins the rucksack has to recreate the scene from Bagman Blues where he empties everything out and starts singing songs.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

shaolin_monkey

Raffle update!

***NEW PRIZE***

SK Moore, a 2000AD artist best known for his work on Judge Dredd and Defoe, has added a prize to the raffle - an A3 sketch from an upcoming Dredd story! It is in blue pencil at this stage (see pic).

The sketch you will win will be based on this. It will be on A3 Bristol, and is part of something that will be published in 2000AD in 2021...but Mr Moore can't say more than that !!

***NEW PRIZE***

The raffle is running until the end of January, so still time to get a raffle ticket.

shaolin_monkey

Reminder of the prizes.

TOP PRIZES

**JUST ADDED**

SK Moore Judge Dredd sketch - SK Moore, a 2000AD artist known for his work on Dredd and Defoe, has provided an A3 sketch from an upcoming Dredd story!  It is in blue pencil at this stage (see pic).  The sketch you will win will be based on this.  It will be on A3 Bristol, and is part of something that will be published in 20000AD in 2021... but Mr Moore can't say more than that!!

** JUST ADDED **

The '77 variant issues: The first three variant issues of new independent UK sci-fi comic The '77, which you may have already seen on the shelves of Forbidden Planet!

Original artwork from Andy Sawyer: Returning to illustration after a 25 year hiatus, Andy is currently illustrating The Cell for The '77, and recently created album art for Vertical Noise and The Aggros (Cro Mags).  He has offered a prize of an A4sketch of a subject of your choice!

Rogue Trooper rucksack:  This incredibly rare item is from the superb licensed merchandiser of 2000AD products, Planet Replicas.  A large and versatile rucksack, complete from grenade shaped holders, and Bagman biochip, this is a wonder to behold!

Scarlet Traces graphic novel:  From the genius minds of Ian Edginton and D'Israeli comes this crazy story of what happened after the Martian Invaders were repelled by Earth's bacteria in Edwardian England!

Judge Minty – rare lead miniature: This is a much sought-after miniature amongst 2000AD fans, a very limited edition released in conjunction with the famous Judge Minty fan film!

Dave the Orangutan – one-off Judge Dredd Model: This is the last of Scowlin Munkeh's 2000AD models.  It is a one-of-a-kind one-off piece, based on the famous mayor of Mega-City One, Dave the Orangutan.  However, he comes with accessories, so he can also be turned into The Librarian from the famous Terry Pratchett Discworld novels!

Judge Dredd Block War Card Game: From 'Game and a Curry' games, this is a classic two-player card game where you go head-to-head as Mega-City One housing blocks, with the Judges in the middle trying to stop both of you!

Runner-Up Prizes:

Judge Dredd Annual 1987

2000AD Annual 1987

2000AD/SFX Playing Cards

Judge Dredd Coffee Mug

shaolin_monkey

Hi all – time for an update on the UK Comic Fans Xmas New Year Raffle on JustGiving, in aid of Magic Breakfast.  You may recall Magic Breakfast provides vulnerable kids with their first (and sometimes only) meal of the day.

We are currently 60% of our way to our £1000 target! Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so far in terms of prizes and donations to this cause!

*** NEW PRIZES ADDED ***

Commando comic goodies - A signed copy of Commando comic #5371 Five Little Soldier Boys, and a A3 poster featuring Manuel Benet's cover art for the comic.

Dredd Screening Drinking Club bundle – a variety of Mega-City One themed pins, and the last available bottle of Full Eagle, signed by John Wagner and El Maestro himself, the late, great Carlos Ezquerra!

*** NEW PRIZES ADDED ***

Colin YNWA

Wow the draw gets better and better. There really are some lovely prizes!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 January, 2021, 01:26:33 PM
Wow the draw gets better and better. There really are some lovely prizes!

Aye, and check this out!!

From S K Moore on Twitter:

"I'll B pitching in an original BW ink A3 based on this doodle of mine, a disguised rework of something secret coming 2 #2000AD later in the year. So if u collect original #comicart or #Dredd #art get involved it's for a good cause. Kids in need!"

shaolin_monkey

Hi all – time for an update on the UK Comic Fans Xmas New Year Raffle on JustGiving, in aid of Magic Breakfast.  You may recall Magic Breakfast provides vulnerable kids with their first (and sometimes only) meal of the day.

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so far in terms of prizes and donations to this cause!

We are currently 80% of our way to our £1000 target! We have a week until the end of the raffle on 31/01/21, and the draw will be a few days afterwards.  Can we hit the target of £1000 before then?

*** NEW PRIZES ADDED ***

Judge Dredd 'Monkey Business' graphic novel
Tharg's Future Shocks graphic novel
2000AD reporters bag

*** NEW PRIZES ADDED ***

SK Moore Judge Dredd sketch - SK Moore, a 2000AD artist known for his work on Dredd and Defoe, has provided an A3 sketch from an upcoming Dredd story!  It is in blue pencil at this stage (see pic).  The sketch you will win will be based on this.  It will be on A3 Bristol, and is part of something that will be published in 20000AD in 2021... but Mr Moore can't say more than that!!

Commando comic goodies - A signed copy of Commando comic
#5371 Five Little Soldier Boys, and a A3 poster featuring Manuel Benet's cover art for the comic.

Dredd Screening Drinking Club bundle – a variety of Mega-City
One themed pins, and the last available bottle of Full Eagle, signed by John Wagner and El Maestro himself, the late, great Carlos Ezquerra!

Runner-Up Prizes:

Judge Dredd Annual 1987
2000AD Annual 1987
2000AD/SFX Playing Cards
Judge Dredd Coffee Mug

IMPORTANT

You MUST leave your name visible to be included in the raffle.  It is best to be registered and logged in to JustGiving to be able to do this.

Go here to donate!