Main Menu

Titan / Enceladus vs Necropolis - Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! H2H Rd 2

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 March, 2021, 06:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: DrJomster on 29 March, 2021, 10:22:41 PM"ho hum, here come the dark judges again" with a bit of "a gang of kids on the run" type stuff. By the way, you can't see it, but I'm ducking for cover as I type this!

No, no, no, your opinion is clearly wrong.  Mortis is the best of the Dark Judges and that was his best ever scene.  I'm going to duff you up till you agree.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Andy B

If we were voting for Necropolis including all the build up, then I'd vote for that. But I believe The Dead Man is its own thing, so I'll give a pointless vote to Titan / Enceladus. There's a lot more going on in that story than in the 26-part Necropolis, and Flint's art, for me, has the edge: he did a sensational job on this one.

GoGilesGo

The 5th season of The Sopranos did something really interesting. It introduced a raft of yesterday's gangsters convicted in a huge FBI sting, now newly released after a two decade stretch in prison. It was great sociological storytelling, focussing on how some slipped right back into their old lives, some butted heads and some simply could not adjust. Enceladus could have been so, so much better had Rob Williams gone down that route rather than, ahem, ice zombies.

I understand Kenneth Niemand is exploring something similar with A Penitent Man in the upcoming prog, but imagine the same theme with 500 judges brought back from Titan in the aftermath of DoC. The Grand Hall desperate for able-bodies and willing to commute sentences.

That said, Titan is so strong; the art so good and, despite the supernatural silliness, Enceladus wraps up Aimee Nixon's story nicely.

Titan / Enceladus gets my vote.

sintec

I'm going to sit this one out as I've not read Enceladus yet so feel like I'd be voting on partial information.

Huey2

Colin YNWA

Having just finished the Titan / Enceladus arc last might I can say it deserves better, but Necropolis has always been a favourite... oh and any last votes get them in this one is closing down in the morning.

I, Cosh

If we were voting for best Low Life stories then Titan would be in with a chance. But we're not. Some of the criticisms of the story are fair but Necropolis has Ezquerra's best ever art. Those greens and purples just do it for me.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well no surprises here (but wait for it). Interesting to see the thoughts and reasons behind votes. Overall though one of the absolute favourites just stormed through with good old fashioned love and respect. And so storming through to the Quarter Finals is...

Necropolis

Titan / Enceladus got a lot of respect here so lets see how that does as we shake things up for the places for the bottom half.