Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

While I get why they wanted to highlight the Ben Wheatley quote it does rather spoil the space in that image. Still gonna buy one. Which more series got the HC treatment like this.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sintec on 12 January, 2022, 12:17:39 PM
While I get why they wanted to highlight the Ben Wheatley quote it does rather spoil the space in that image. Still gonna buy one. Which more series got the HC treatment like this.

Now just to manage expectations there will be a lot of obsure crap in Round 2 as well! I mean proportionally yes but I don't want to kid folks, there's some shockers.

davidbishop

Think this got posted to the wrong topic!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: davidbishop on 12 January, 2022, 01:14:26 PM
Think this got posted to the wrong topic!

Whoops and your completely right. See that's why David Bishop was an editor he spots crap mistakes like this!

Sorry folks.

broodblik

For all the Intestinauts fans this is from Pye Parr's twitter feed:

Just finished all the strip art + cover for for the next Intestinauts story for
@2000AD
(out in March). Here's a sneak-peek. I spoil you I really do.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

I do love that cover. Now were my limited Webshop exclusive!

broodblik

Coming to the prog in April 2022:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! The shocking truth is revealed in the climax to Judge Dredd saga 'The Citadel'; there's something shady going on down in the ducts in Brink: 'Mercury Retrograde'; the vampire Constanta battles old enemies in Fiends of the Eastern Front: '1963'; the Intestinauts are back, fighting on a fatberg, in 'The Bowel Impactors'; and PI Mallory Hope is called to investigate a film set in 'Hope... In the Shadows'!

broodblik

Coming to the meg in April 2022:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The future lawman has to fight his way out of trouble in the finale to Praise Zort!; the mayoral election steps up a gear in Lawless: 'Ballots Over Badrock'; Goya's mission of vengeance continues in Death Cap; gang wars explode in Diamond Dogs III; and it's every skysurfer for himself in 'Surfer'. Plus there's the usual interviews, features, and in the bagged GN Hawk's epic adventure continues from Garth Ennis & Henry Flint!

broodblik

The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire Volume IV - Webshop Exclusive Hardcover:

IndigoPrime

They must be heading towards Oli Frey territory at some point. (I always found it a shame he never did anything bar that sole Fr1day pin-up for 2000 AD. His Terminal Man strip was pretty great, and he did loads of fantastic covers for videogame mags in the 1980s.)

Tomwe

How many Trigan Empire books are expected?

broodblik

Quote from: Tomwe on 26 January, 2022, 05:48:42 PM
How many Trigan Empire books are expected?

I think this volume is the last one

Rogue Judge

I have the first three volumes of Trigan Empire. Although the art is beautiful I've struggled to engage with the story. Normally I plow though a thick TPB (I.e. Dredd case files) over a couple evenings when I'm enjoying it; with Trigan I've gone back to volume one several times and am only half way through. Often stories improve once established (Dredd), I'm hoping for the same from Trigan. Still, I'll get volume 4 to complete the set and will be enjoying the fantastic paintined art.

broodblik

Cover for 45 Years of 2000 AD - Anniversary Art Book - Webshop Exclusive Slipcase Edition: