Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Had an email from zavvi today confirming delivery of judge death around 12 th December

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

NapalmKev

The blank post was another (failed) attempt at posting a photo!

Cheers

Dash Decent

What site are you using to host the photos, Kev?  I find imgur.com is a good one to use.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 October, 2022, 06:53:59 AM
What site are you using to host the photos, Kev?  I find imgur.com is a good one to use.

I've been trying it through Facebook but I'll give imgur a go.

Cheers

NapalmKev

NapalmKev

Witness my less than awesome tech skills!

Cheers

Trooper McFad

Even looking through the packing those look decent - which outlet supplied you?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

NapalmKev

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 23 October, 2022, 09:17:36 AM
Even looking through the packing those look decent - which outlet supplied you?

I got mine through Zavvi. They look a lot better in hand, without the light shining on their Boing prison.

Cheers

lincnash

Quote from: NapalmKev on 23 October, 2022, 09:25:53 AM
They look a lot better in hand

So Death's spirit form tail-thingy, coils around Dredd's waist and legs to display the figures au naturel?
No display base hidden in the bottom of the Boing™ casing?

Are you going to *gasp* open the Boing™ casing and forever devalue the mint/sealed collectible?
:-)

Pleasing that HIYA have stayed away from dozen or so sets of extra hands that many manufactures choose to include, because they haven't mastered gripping hands like the Palitoy Action Man of old.
;-)

Trooper McFad

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 24 October, 2022, 09:08:21 PM

Are you going to *gasp* open the Boing™ casing and forever devalue the mint/sealed collectible?
:-)

Any I get will be devalued as with the ones I have by Reaction - I like to change their pose after I dust 😁

rogue69

Forbidden Planet are advertising a Judge Dredd: Previews Exclusive 1/18 Mini Action Figure: Judge Dredd (Black & White) for £18.89 due for release in June 2023

https://forbiddenplanet.com/368358-judge-dredd-previews-exclusive-118-mini-action-figure-judge-dredd-black-white/

IndigoPrime

All of these look really great, apart from Dredd's head. I know he looks that way in the comic sometimes, but his head here would have to be conical to fit in that tiny helmet.

Lawman of the Present

I wasn't sold on Dredd's head from the promo images, as others have said, but have to say it looks great in person and has won me over. The Dredd that comes with the Lawmaster set looks like it has a new headsculpt though, so perhaps it'll be more of a variant figure.

I admit, I was hesitant at first but I've gone all-in on these. The first few looked nice but as others have said, were characters we've all seen as figures before. It was when they announced Fire, Anderson and the Klegg they caught my attention properly. There's some nice variety there.

I do think the range needs more focus on unique sculpts as opposed to repaints. I can understand why it's being done but admittedly I'm rolling my eyes a little with every announcement of another B&W variant - nice as a novelty to begin with, but I think if they want lower-production-cost variants they could achieve far more by being a little more creative with paint and accessories. For example, use the CJ shield from Cal and make a Chief Judge Hershey variant. Or do a small sculpt edit with blue colour scheme and make a Hell Street Blues vampire Hershey. Give Dredd his Apocalypse War bullet-hole badge with some battle damage, or paint him up as a corrupted Kraken. I'd much more happily spend money on that than a simple B&W version of the exact same figure.

Moving forward, what characters would everyone like to see? I think anything from the following would add some nice variation to the line;

Armitage
Chopper with powerboard
DeMarco (P.I. as opposed to Judge uniform for variety)
Devlin Waugh
Don Uggie
Dredd 2012 - Dredd and Anderson
Fink Angel with Ratty
Mechanismo Mk.1 (larger scale like the Klegg)
Metta Lawson
Preacher Cain
Shimura (with cloak)
Tweak
Walter the Wobot

PS: Those who ordered from Zavvi; what is their packing like on arrival? I hope they box them properly and don't just ship the figure pack in a plastic wrap!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 11 November, 2022, 04:50:45 PM

Moving forward, what characters would everyone like to see? I think anything from the following would add some nice variation to the line;

Armitage
Chopper with powerboard
DeMarco (P.I. as opposed to Judge uniform for variety)
Devlin Waugh
Don Uggie
Dredd 2012 - Dredd and Anderson
Fink Angel with Ratty
Mechanismo Mk.1 (larger scale like the Klegg)
Metta Lawson
Preacher Cain
Shimura (with cloak)
Tweak
Walter the Wobot

I'd agree on no more B&W variants.
As for others on the range I'd go for:
Chopper with board as well
Don Uggie
Chimpski
Mechanismo
A Sov judge
Orlok
Simp Detective
Dirty Frank

If they did a Tweak they would have to do a Spike (double pack)