Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Plagues of Necropolis vs Interceptor - Rd 1 Heat 21

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 November, 2021, 06:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Into the third week now and we're well into the swing of things and we've really been testing those thrill-banks so far and exposing thrills that aren't very fondly remembered and so folks are struggling to recall. This week will be no different, there will be thrills here that are pretty damned decent and some that will have folks wondering why they've never read them... and in some cases that won't be a bad thing!

The undead raise and terrorise a city in one thrill and the other, well for many there will only be the ghosts of memories to work with...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Plagues of Necropolis - more info

Vs.

Interceptor - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 13th November and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

I haven't read Interceptor but read Plagues recently. It was good to fill in some gaps for Necropolis as Death and co. aren't actually in the main story that much. Plus it had Simon Davis' fantastic (only?) take on Mortis.

So, Plagues of Necropolis.

AlexF

Plagues of Nec had a neat idea for a set of Urban horror stries, with the odd good bit of art and the odd bad bit of writing. Frankly, it's redundant next to Deadworld, which shows just how horribly good the original idea was.

Interceptor is very lightweight, but is also one of Edginton's better one-off series. And Steve Pugh is one of those artists who should have done way mroe for Tharg, he's such a good fit for 2000AD.

Honestly, the level of obscure nonsense that is this opening Round is tickling my Nerd receptors so well! I don't think young me ever dreamed he'd have a place to share even passing discussion of some of these stories... hooray for th' internet.

Anyway, I'm voting Interceptor.

rogue69

Blue Cactus

Interceptor, lightweight but I enjoyed it at the time. Plagues did have some memorably grim moments though.  Interceptor is the only 2000ad story I can think of where the main character spends (almost) the whole story in their pants?

IndigoPrime

Dark Jimbo

Interceptor wasn't mind-blowing, but it was breezy fun with great art. As AlexF has already said, Plagues of Necropolis suffers now from the existence of the far superior The Fall of Deadworld.

@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

I, Cosh

Have only vaguest memory of either of these strips but not enough to make a decision.

No vote.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Plenty of votes still to be had here as this one hasn't rattle up much interest so far. Last chance to do so today if you fancy taking part as I'll count up tomorrow morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Probably the most damning thing - even for some of the thrills that get through - is when a thread is as quiet as this one and neither has sparked the imaginations, or thrill glands of crowd. This one got just over half the votes of the 'typical' vote. So that doesn't really bode well for

Interceptor

even as it comfortably gets into the 2nd round.