Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Zancudo vs Kid Cyborg - Round 1 Heat 22

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 November, 2021, 06:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Into the third week now and we're well into the swing of things and we've really been testing those thrill-banks so far and exposing thrills that aren't very fondly remembered and so folks are struggling to recall. This week will be no different, there will be thrills here that are pretty damned decent and some that will have folks wondering why they've never read them... and in some cases that won't be a bad thing!

Errrr... well one has Cam Kennedy and giant ants at least...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Zancudo - more info

Vs.

Kid Cyborg - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 13th November and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

Never read Kid Cyborg and I do love Cam's art so yes to Zancudo
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

sheridan

A welcome appearance of Cam Kennedy when such appearances weren't very common and [spoiler]a surprise sequel to Ant Wars[/spoiler] (which I seem to remember suspecting while reading, but was still pleased at the reveal).

sheridan

AlexF

Look, I'm voting Kid Cyborg OK. It's not very good, but there's a fun idea hidden in there somewhere, and I do love Jim McCarthy's design for the titular Kid. I also don't love Zancudo, which is not a patch on Ant Wars and only ever seems talked about because it reminded people of that story, not because of anything it was doing in itself.

IndigoPrime

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

GoGilesGo

Quote from: AlexF on 10 November, 2021, 09:40:45 AM
only ever seems talked about because it reminded people of that story, not because of anything it was doing in itself.

Not from my POV.

There is a lot to like about Zancudo:

A sympathetic portrayal of Cuidad Barranquilla judges; well fleshed-out city (empire?) politics; a touching love story; superb Cam Kennedy art.

sheridan

Quote from: gogilesgo on 11 November, 2021, 06:52:25 AM
only ever seems talked about because it reminded people of that story, not because of anything it was doing in itself.

Not from my POV.

A sympathetic portrayal of Cuidad Barranquilla judges; well fleshed-out city (empire?) politics; a touching love story; superb Cam Kennedy art.

Same here - I liked it when it started, liked it when I was getting suspicions about how familiar some bits were and liked it still more once the reveal happened.

AlexF

I think I just wanted more of the giant bugs fighting each other, and less of the humans falling in love. Urgh kissing.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 11 November, 2021, 09:11:49 AM
Quote from: gogilesgo on 11 November, 2021, 06:52:25 AM

Not from my POV.

Same here - I liked it when it started, liked it when I was getting suspicions about how familiar some bits were and liked it still more once the reveal happened.

Aye, well said. I've never read Ant Wars, but I loved Zancudo! Only reason I'm not voting for it is I've never read Kid Cyborg.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 November, 2021, 09:45:40 AM
Aye, well said. I've never read Ant Wars, but I loved Zancudo! Only reason I'm not voting for it is I've never read Kid Cyborg.

I try not to comment too much as folks vote but if you like Zancudo its fairly safe to say even not having read Kid Cyborg you can vote for it... like and Kid Cyborg aren't phrases often put together!