Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Sleeze n Ryder y vs Tor Cyan - Round 1 Heat 24

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 November, 2021, 06:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

Was never a fan of either Mercy Heights or Rogue Trooper, so The Buster'd Earth of Sleeze 'n' Ryder it is.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

AlexF

So pleased to see SnR getting some love! Not enough to win, mind, but it IS hard to deny the power of K. Walker and J. Ock on T. Cyan, even if it never added up to much.

O Lucky Stevie!

If SNR had been drawn by Kev O'Neill or Tom Patterson, for instance, TC would be blue with envy.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Link Prime

Quote from: AlexF on 12 November, 2021, 09:49:48 AM
So pleased to see SnR getting some love!

I defo would have voted for it against a lot of what Colin has dug up from that mass Thrillsucker grave so far - I even have a page of original art from if for Grud's sake.

But the Blue torch of Rogue Trooper continuity must be held aloft in the darkness by at least one of the four people who give a damn.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 12 November, 2021, 10:00:43 AM
...a lot of what Colin has dug up from that mass Thrillsucker grave so far...

Ohhh I like my new job title! Thrillsucker Graveyard Robber!

Southstreeter

Just discovered SnR was in the Meg back in the day. That explains why I've barely heard of some of these - always been just an occasional Meg reader - it has to be Dredd + at least 2 readable others before I'll buy it. I'll buy the prog till I die, however, regardless of content!

Funt Solo

I can help you out here - just make sure to vote for Soul Sisters and, erm, Wardog when they come up.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

redsquirrel

Tor Cyan - the artwork alone makes a strong case, and while it is not in the first division there have been plenty of weaker stories

Colin YNWA

This one is fizzing and while there seems to be a clear front runner - its certainly not as one sided as you might have expected. Any votes today will count tomorrow morning when I annouce the result.

sintec

Another pair I've read. SnR always felt like it was trying a little too hard to be zany for me so I think this one goes to Tor Cyan - by far the best thing to come out of Mercy Heights.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

We end this week with probably my favourite vote today. Why this one well the interesting discussion that has buzzed around this one has
1: Made me want to revisit one of the 'lesser' thrill
2. Has swung the way I would have voted...maybe

Tor Cyan is a hot mess of convoluted, that dragged the strip into a mire of continuity that it simply didn't need to be in. After all there was a decent story to be told coming out of Mercy Heights without dragging it all so deeply into Rogue Trooper territory. Sleeze n Ryder at least made clear what it wanted to be and did it. Had a naive clarity and drive to the fun it wanted to be... so maybe I'd have swung my vote to it? Who knows.

Either way this thread has embodied everything I want these tourneys to be a silly vote hidden by in interesting conversation about something we might otherwise never has talked about.

As it is

Tor Cyan

looke pretty and that might have been all it needed to take it into Round 2

More nonsense Monday. If you ask me its a beltin' week next week too...