Main Menu

2000 AD Shop purchases NOT being delivered.... and NOT responding to enquires!!!

Started by Large48, 11 November, 2021, 09:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

Ok, so after about the 5th item NOT being delivered and this one being the Megatroplois LTD ED HB (so I'm unlikely to get a replacement!!!) and still NOT hearing back from Rebellion about it, I thought I'd vent on here....

What with issues of delivery and apparently it's not just me having these issues I did helpfully (I thought) suggest they add tracking signed for to the packages and considering what they charge for P&P I'm fairly sure either they could swallow the charge or at least offer it at a non-profit option....

When you do get through to the support guys they generally are ok at sorting things out, although if you order a lot of items that does tend to confuse them.

It must be costing a HUGE amount more to keep replacing book than just sorting out the postage!

Sneck
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

IndigoPrime

Where are you based?

Honestly, I've had no problems dealing with support. Every issue has been dealt with, but replies do take a while—usually about a week for first response. After that, responses tend to be quicker.

As for the limited Megatropolis, mine hadn't arrived either, despite being ordered in, IIRC, July. I'm told there was a warehouse problem and that's now sorted. I got a dispatch note a couple of days ago.

CalHab

I haven't had any problems with the shop recently. The last order from the sale came through in a few days and even included a bonus extra book (the mini Strontium Dog book). There were issues 3 years ago or so when they switched suppliers, but those problems seem now to be resolved.

Sorry that's not terribly helpful. Hope you get it sorted out.

Colin YNWA

Bit like CalHab says not sure what I will say is too helpful as I haven't had a problem for some time and things have been dispatched and landed with clear efficency - I know others have experienced the same. When in the past I have had problems (I did with the Block Mania Game) support was fantastic, as long as you give them time to get to it.

They have just run (and are still running) a massive sale so I imagine volumes are running high. Fingers crossed if you hang in there they will be able to sort things.

sheridan

Strange - I ordered something from Rebellion yesterday and got charged about £4.50 for three items.  Signed-for delivery for large letters to small parcels is between £2 and £5 depending on weight (I'd expect hardbacks to be the top end of that).  That dent the profit margin quite a bit, if it doesn't even push to making a loss if the P&P charged doesn't go up, so I'm not sure how they could swallow that kind of increase?

Meanwhile, I've not had any problems with things I've ordered from Rebellion, though should note it's only special purchases I get direct - for the weekly and monthly I support my local comic shop.

Lorenzo

They are definitely having trouble with orders from outside the UK. One half of an order I placed 5 weeks ago still hasn't arrived but the second half, shipped separately two weeks later, has arrived. However, someone goofed as I have been stung for customs and VAT even though local taxes are collected by Rebellion.

The customer service is usually very friendly and helpful but can be a little slow as they only seem to have one person fielding all of the questions. They haven't got back to me yet but I'm sure they will.

It has to be said though, their shipping to the EU is terrible and considering they don't offer track&trace is ridiculously expensive. There should be no way a package to the EU could take up to ten weeks.

Large48

Like I said the support guys have generally been ok, just frustrated I might miss out on the Ltd Ed book as t says only 180 produced (although they always do more).

Maybe it's just where I am but to have soooo many not turn up I'd pay the extra for the tracking myself!!!!

IndigoPrime

Large48

Don't I feel like a complete cock now....

Low and behold out of the blue with no notification the book I've been waiting for turns up... along with the Dreadnoughts books.

I'm assuming it was just released late and not a replacement book.

So apologies to all involved

IndigoPrime

FWIW, my limited edition of the Megatropolis book just arrived. This one was very carefully packaged (bubble wrap + very solid card outer) and the book itself appears to be more solidly made than other thin Rebellion HCs like Hershey and Dreddnoughts. (I do wish they'd use slightly thicker paper though.)