1 The Musical!
2 Adios, Rowdy Yates
3 Naked City

Rogue Judge

1. A Penitent Man
2. Adios, Rowdy Yates
3. Now that's what I call justice

Sean SD

Adios, Rowdy Yates (Prog 2234); Script: Chris Weston; Art: Chris Weston; Letters: Annie Parkhouse

Naked City (Prog 2217); Script: Ken Niemand; Art: Dan Cornwell; Colours: Jim Boswell; Letters: Annie Parkhouse

A Penitent Man (Prog 2225-2230); Script: Ken Niemand; Art: Tom Foster; Colours: Chris Blythe; Letters: Annie Parkhouse

DrJomster

1. A penitent man
2. Dream of a thousand flowers
3. Removal man

Some cracking Dredd this year. Roll on 2022!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Funt Solo

Here's how the votes tally up at the moment:

*Penitent.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sintec

• A Penitent Man
  • Now That's What I Call Justice
  • The Musical! (

With The Hard Way coming in a close 4th

Colin YNWA

I've found this probably the hardest of all the categories and as I often say ask me tomorrow and I'd give a different answer. There has been a LOT of great Dredd this year. In the end though I think I'll flock with the mob:

1. Penitent Man
2. Now that's what I call justice
3. Naked City

But there is seriously a whole different three thrills that I'd just as happy have in my list.

DrRocka

1. Adios Rowdy Yates
2. Penitent Man
3. Now that's what I call justice.

Some good Dredd this year, but those really stood out for me.
Never ever bloody anything ever

JayzusB.Christ

Adios Rowdy Yates
Now That's What I Call Justice
Naked City
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Going to give this until tomorrow (Tuesday 4th) morning and then announce the final result. I'd think that top spot might be nailed on by this time but the other spots are up for grabs. So any last minute votes couyld play a big part in the final placings.

Magnetica

1 A Penitent Man
2 Removal Man
3 Now That's What I Call Justice

Batman's Superior Cousin

1st: Brief Encounter
2nd: Removal Man
3rd: Who Killed Captain Cookies?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

I, Cosh

A decent mixture of stuff here. A couple of good, but far from classic, Wagner stories elevated by the chosen artists. A scattergun selection of Niemand styles with his most straight-up serious being the best.

01. Now That's What I Call Justice. Really nice to have John Higgins back drawing something worthy of his talents.

02. Dream of a Thousand Flowers. A very welcome example of the kind of sci-fi short story that doesn't feel the need to explain how because the why is more important.

03. Removal Man. Maybe you can look at this as a story in search of PJ but getting us to root for a very bad dude and then laugh at his failures is a trick not many can pull off. No accident that MacNeil drew numbers 2 & 3 on this list.

Elsewhere, I thought The Hard Way was good fun: that Millar/Morrison cliche about Dredd as action movie but done entertainingly. McConville's Dan Francisco story also suggested a writer getting better at working with the strip and its history.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well wow those final few days completely flipped the placing. Well all except top stop in with

1st - Penitent Man - just continued to move forward in the top spot.

It was the 'lesser' places that completely flexed and changed as the votes came in and it was so close (hope I got this right!). By my count:

2nd - Now that's what I call Justice - 28 points

3rd - Adios Rowdy Yates - 26 points

Those last two places only fixed on the last day, 2nd by the last vote! In a year with two fantastic Wagner Dredd's its testament to how strong Dredd is that only one placed and Niemand romped the top spot!

broodblik

A message from Kenneth Niemand from his twitter account:

Special thanks to the good people of the 2000AD forum, who voted A Penitent Man (with @JumbleCashback) as Best Dredd story of 2021, and Megatropolis (with @MrMacoubre) as Best Megazine story.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.