Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Danzig’s Inferno vs. Tharg’s Alien Invasions Rd 2 Heat 05

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 January, 2022, 06:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Welcome to Round 2, week 1 . This is where things get really interesting. All the big hitters are in the draw and let me tell you there are some ties coming up that will get the hearts racing and the camera's out for live coverage. They will cover acres of print on the back pages. There are also ties that will barely get mentioned on their local radio news summary. Week 1 however does feel a little like a warm up however. It hasn't got any of the high profile draws I hoped it might to kick us off, but it does start to hint at what's to come...

Tiny, tiny thrills here. Two series with what will be some of the lowest page counts come together and hope to prove it's not size that counts its what you do with it:

Danzig's Inferno - more info

Vs

Tharg's Alien Invasions - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 22nd January  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

I ma voting for Tharg's Alien Invasions just because it is Flint.

A question Colin: this ones would have been better in round 1 maybe ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Tharg's Alien Invasions were fun but Smith and Phillips came up with a great little piece of weirdness that still sticks in my mind today.

Danzig's Inferno.

AlexF

Anyone here seen Frozen 2? That song Olaf sings about "It'll all make sense when I'm older?" That's how I felt about Danzig's Inferno when I was 12, and I'm still waiting. Perhaps 'The Order' will all turn out to be part of Danzig's magical super-consciousness.

That said, it sure does linger in the mind, while ALien Invsaions dont, really. Some seriously great ideas and images in there, but somehow the stories never quite came together. A bit like when you have a great punchline but can never find the joke set-up to match. Oh well.

Danzig's Inferno, please.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 19 January, 2022, 06:57:01 AM
A question Colin: this ones would have been better in round 1 maybe ?

Sorry thought I'd answered this but got distracted by pesky work things - damn you pesky work things!

Anyway yep defo agree this tie is SO Round 1, but the draw is the draw - I might make that my post signature!

There are a fair few ties this round that will have folks screaming -

"HOW THE HELL IS ONE OF THEM GETTING INTO ROUND 3"

I don't doubt the same will be said of Rounds 3 and 4 and... well it will be interesting to see what 'lesser' thrills can get...well how far... just by the luck of the draw. In theory we could have a 'Sancho Panzer vs. Dry Run' semi-final. I mean the chances are remote, but the random factor of the draw is what will keep things unpredictable and interesting for me... and kinda force more thought and conversation about 'lesser' thrills.

Link Prime

Danzigs Inferno - A one-two punch from Smith & Phillips that would leave an indelible mark on David Lynch's temple.

Blue Cactus

Tomwe

Danzig's Inferno is another strip from the world of adjacent-bedroom-prog-stack. I can't remember much other than I enjoyed it! Other strip from my missing years.

IndigoPrime

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 January, 2022, 09:28:21 AM
Danzigs Inferno - A one-two punch from Smith & Phillips that would leave an indelible mark on David Lynch's temple.

Surely the greatest summation this thrill will ever recieve. Bravo sir!

Southstreeter

Tharg's Alien Invasions. There should always be a place for a micro-strip in the prog, and these got it just right.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

rogue69