Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - VCs vs. Citi-Def Round 2 Heat 121

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 May, 2022, 07:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

And we've done it... we've made it... the final week of the seemingly unending Round 2. It amazes me that we've stayed the distance, not killed each other over the course of these last 16 weeks, our love persists and maybe we need to take a break before charging headlong into anything else? I mean this week ends on a doozy, maybe we should take a break there and reflect.... Orrrr....

...see ya Monday for Round 3!

VCs, popular thrill and a dark horse to do well in this Tourney. Sure its not GFD's best, we've established that's Ant Wars ... right... anyway... lovely art and a very popular series. Going to storm Round 2 by the look, but how far can it go?

VCs - more info

Vs

Citi-Def - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 5th May and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Southstreeter

Is this the revival of VCs as well? Don't recall the CitiDef story.\
VCs anyway

abelardsnazz

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 02 May, 2022, 01:50:59 PM
the gfd vcs

But the Dabnett / Flint / Williams stuff is soooo good. And if I was feeling brave I'd say a LOT better than the orginal stuff... but I'm not brave so won't say that (but it is!)

IndigoPrime

Not a huge fan of VCs in either incarnation, but I can't remember a single thing about Citi-Def, so: VCs.

Funt Solo

Citi-Def, oddly, had nothing whatsoever to do with defending any cities. So, it's a tin of spam that's full of tuna. Looking at the pictures or the premise (some Citi-Def day trippers crash land in The Cursed Earth) it seems like it would be an easy pitch, but it turned out to be a lame dog vulture (and put out of its misery after one series).

The original run of The V.C.'s, on the other hand, is molten 2000 AD gold with a grab bag of classic artists on duty. Special praise for the tragic Loon's Moon (art by Cam Kennedy) in prog 169.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sintec

Link Prime

Colin YNWA