Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Alienist vs. Skip Tracer Round 2 Heat 126

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 May, 2022, 06:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

And we've done it... we've made it... the final week of the seemingly unending Round 2. It amazes me that we've stayed the distance, not killed each other over the course of these last 16 weeks, our love persists and maybe we need to take a break before charging headlong into anything else? I mean this week ends on a doozy, maybe we should take a break there and reflect.... Orrrr....

...see ya Monday for Round 3!

Well its possible we thought both these thrills had finished and it appears both are returning*. Either way we know one will fall for sure here.

*Is that right for the Alienist or have I dreamt that's expected back?

Alienist - more info

Vs

Skip Tracer - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 7th May and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Magnetica

I'm going for Skip Tracer here.

These are two thrills that are at a similar level to me. Whilst they might not be the most thrilling, they are still readable and have decent art.

AlexF

Seems we've spent a bit of energy talking about Skip Tracer lately; it's enough for me to say that I'm a big fan of, and will heartily vote for the Alienist.

(It's long overdue a return, hope that is indeed on the cards)

norton canes

The Alienist. Hoping the Rennie, Beeby and Coveney collective can give us at least a concluding chapter (and hopefully plenty more!)

Timothy

The Alienist. Remind me, how did Skip Tracer end up in round 2?

IndigoPrime

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Timothy on 04 May, 2022, 10:10:00 AM
The Alienist. Remind me, how did Skip Tracer end up in round 2?

He could drawn against Brit-Cit Brute. Personally, I just spoiled my ballot on that one!
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Quote from: norton canes on 04 May, 2022, 09:55:28 AM
The Alienist. Hoping the Rennie, Beeby and Coveney collective can give us at least a concluding chapter (and hopefully plenty more!)

This ^^^

DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

The Alienist.
All that has to be said about ST has already been said.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I'm afraid The Alienist was my "least favourite Thrill in living memory" when it was running in the prog, and a recent attempted reread stalled after two episodes of treacle-wading.

So, Skip Tracer by virtue of not actually making me want to give up comics entirely.

SBT

AlexF

Wow, that's a damning assessment there! But it's kind of how I feel about Kingmaker, which is evidently popular enough to get the full trade collection treatment.

Magnetica

Quote from: AlexF on 04 May, 2022, 01:40:23 PM
Wow, that's a damning assessment there! But it's kind of how I feel about Kingmaker, which is evidently popular enough to get the full trade collection treatment.

What...? Wow......I'm speechless. I love Kingmaker. It's one of my favourite things in the modern Prog. Each to their own I guess.