Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Sooner or Later vs. Ampney Crucis Round 2 Heat 127

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 May, 2022, 06:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Ampney Crucis is the stronger read here, despite the Milligan & McCarthy madness of the competition.

JayzusB.Christ

I was sure the Milligan and McCarthy one would sail through.  I loved it but what do I know.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Rare occasion, JBC, where I'm voting for the art. I rate Sooner or Later highly, but the Simon Davis droid is a god striding the earth, with brushes.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Little surprised Sooner and Later isn't doing better here. As stated this is Milligan + McCarthey in their prime. I doubt any last day... and indeed last day of Round 2 entirely... will change the result, but a shout out would be no bad thing. I'll count up in the morning.

paddykafka

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 May, 2022, 03:37:19 PMI rate Sooner or Later highly, but the Simon Davis droid is a god striding the earth, with brushes.

No arguments on that score, but Swifty and Co have a special place in my heart and I couldn't possibly vote against them.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

BPP

A dying stand for the energy and art of Sooner or Later. A back one-page strip was a particular joy and one I'd welcome back.

Not to knock Ampney which I'll likely vote for in round 3 as it was top stuff too.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Funt Solo

There's still time for everyone to change their vote based on this promotional leaflet:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

I mean I could leave this open for another couple of day so people can follow Funt Solo's advice - though I don't think he's followed his own advice - but alas I need to get on with Round 3 ... and it'd be cheating.... but I could. It's not that I don't like Ampney Crucis, though it took a long time to really gell with me and then it ended too soon (will it ever be back?) and its not as if Sooner or Later doesn't have a terrible second story... but that first story man that shock the Prog up as only MIlligan McCarthy could. BUT Simon Davis art, Lovecraftian foes, I guess Crucis just has to much and

Ampney Crucis

now has more than one monacled eye on Round 3.