Main Menu

Meg 445 - Case of Questions

Started by broodblik, 15 June, 2022, 04:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Quote from: Funt Solo on 26 June, 2022, 04:09:19 PM
I'm feeling the loss of Hawk the Slayer and Surfer.
Funnily enough, I just watched the original Hawk The Slayer for the first time last night. I shall have to re-read the Ennis/Flint sequel now that I know the backstory, streaming the incongruous disco soundtrack from the movie in order to establish the proper mood.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Jacqusie

Quote from: Funt Solo on 26 June, 2022, 04:09:19 PM

Judge Dredd: Regicide
This manages to sneak fourth place by dint of having a Battle Royale plot that's quite fun to watch. Beyond that, I'm just not a fan of the Red Queen arc at all. This plot has taken a great character that existed sensibly in Dredd's world (Orlok) and (by endlessly cloning him) made him a joke of a threat. Whack-A-Mole Orlok. And the Red Queen isn't even a character - she's just a super-villain template. Having Dredd be in exactly the place required by the story just as Maitland launches her sting feels contrived. Can't we have a villain with an actual name? And have it not be Orlok? Why is an Acc-Div Judge launching all-out military assaults anyway? Quimby wouldn't approve etc.

Can I ask why they switched the story to the Meg halfway through? Some people who only read the prog won't ever get to read this and the conclusion of a story arc which started there.

If it's a cynical ploy to get people buying both in these cash strapped times, it's in pretty bad taste

broodblik

Actually the Red Queen series started and ran mostly in the meg. It was only the  story "The Hard Way" which ran in the prog (2250-2255)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jacqusie

Quote from: broodblik on 07 July, 2022, 03:59:33 AM
Actually the Red Queen series started and ran mostly in the meg. It was only the  story "The Hard Way" which ran in the prog (2250-2255)

I suppose the question still stands, why the switch back and forth?

Why bother putting the "The Hard Way", in the prog? If like me you read this and probably wonder why there is no sequel to the Atlantis saga...

...which is happening back over at the Meg

broodblik

Quote from: Jacqusie on 08 July, 2022, 07:27:49 PM

I suppose the question still stands, why the switch back and forth?

Why bother putting the "The Hard Way", in the prog? If like me you read this and probably wonder why there is no sequel to the Atlantis saga...

...which is happening back over at the Meg

To confuse you more, currently in the prog is the sequel to The Hard Way: Special Relationship
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

The Red Queen first appeared in the prog - the first Orlok flashback solo.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jacqusie

Yes I was reading the Special Relationship today and, oh yeah confused!

Looks nice, but I have enough in my life to confound and addle my brain without the need for flashbacks and huge gaps in the story missing.

Can't we just have a proper story to enjoy rather then endure, y'know prologue, middle and epilogue all in the same place please?

Funt Solo

The solution for all your woes ... buy the Meg.

This post sponsored by the J.D. Megson Block Committee.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++