Main Menu

Prog 2289: Shotgun Diplomacy

Started by The Monarch, 04 July, 2022, 07:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I had a chat with someone from my local sorting office. Around here, there are ongoing staff shortages from a combination of people leaving (and roles then not being filled), other people going part-time, and the massive but largely swept under the carpet COVID wave blazing through the country.

So: a combination of COVID and a lack of resources (the latter being what happens when a govt tells millions of people to fuck off).

norton canes

The prog continues in fine form with Rob Williams taking up the reins in 'Special Relationship', a weird and wonderful reel one wrap for Hope and an instalment of Brink that's as eminently readable as any other.

TOP THRILL this week goes to Dexter though, with a brilliantly concise and incisive opener to its next mini-chapter. The Abnett droid's plot and dialogue remain as enthralling as ever but it's Tazio Bettin's artwork (beautifully complimented by Matt Soffe's colours) that's really lighting up my thrill-receptors. The two panels with the conflicting gangs are particularly brilliant - I presume the script has given some rough ideas then said "Just go with it" and the range of characters, and the way they're posed, is just superb. Props also for drawing those six different panels of Mikhey delivering exposition in a different way each time - they could easily have been duplicated - and for the striking way Klinks is sitting hand-under-leg. Oh, and for a lovely Allegro. A real masterclass.

Darren Stephens

Hardly any mention for that awesome Staples cover? Good prog, Dredd continues to be my fave of this line-up ( and most line ups, to be fair...)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^