Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Survival Geeks vs. Robo-Hunter (Sam) Rd 4 Heat 7

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 July, 2022, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well we'll start Round 4 with no gush of excitement. No giddy anticipation of the tough, enthralling ties to come. Instead to really fire up those juices with a service announcement! Turn around is so fast I've not been mixing up these thread openers the way I intended and just kept rattling on with the same ol' format (for the posts the comp ain't changing). I had plans and maybe next round but for now, well if it ain't broke and all that... what and EXPLOSION into Round 4 hey!

Two strips strong on laughs, neither skipping on high adventure though. One has consistency, the other spralls through different incarnations. Maybe this comes down to how you choose to vote, consider all a thrills interactions, or just focus on the best of times?

Form book:

Survival Geeks - Bye; Soul Gun Warrior; Ro-Jaw's Robo-Tales
Robo-Hunter (Sam)- Bye; Bob the Galactic Bum; Dan Dare

Survival Geeks - more info

Vs

Robo-hunter (Sam) - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 10th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

rogue69

sintec

Battle of comedy thrills from opposite ends of the progs timeline. Survival Geeks[/b ] is the winner for me. It always managed to put a smile on my face while some of Robo-hunter made me wince.

AlexF

Argh - one of those annoying ties where I have to choose between a thrill that has included some of my favourite ever stories, but some REAL stinkers, and one that has always been delightful and never put a foot wrong.

I guess it's the heights of Verdus, the early Brit-Cit years and Farewell my Billions that will see RoboHunter through, for me at least. I'd even argue that some of the Hogan tales, lettering aside, match up to Survival Geeks.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I find Survival Geeks unreadable I'm afraid- so I have to close my eyes and hold my nose and vote Robo-Hunter... as pong as it's understood I'm mainly voting for The Beast of Blackheart Manor.

SBT

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Barrington Boots

I think it's going to be Survival Geeks for me too purely on the basis that I'd rather re-read that than RoboHunter.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

norton canes

Loved Verdus but Robo-Hunter was always a case of diminishing returns after that, though the God-Droid and early Brit-Cit chapters were decent too. Survival Geeks really hits the spot for me, I know it's a bit of a one-trick strip but it does it so well.

Survival Geeks

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

robo-hunter by miles.
but millar.
so survival geeks (which i'm not a big fan of).

Proudhuff

Survival Geeks

Robo overstayed its welcome and had some seriously dodgy bits Clicky clicky
DDT did a job on me