Main Menu

FFT - Semi Final 1 - Nikolai Dante vs Nemesis the Warlock

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 September, 2022, 06:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

i'll abstain. very, very disappointing.

democracy sucks.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 September, 2022, 02:56:15 PM
By my count, Nemesis is ahead now. Mills fans can leap around the joint unless there are any Dante fans left in the house.

Well, I wasn't voting for Mills - I was voting for the comic Nemesis the Warlock - a large part of which (for me) relies on the co-creators. It's getting a little tiresome to hear people bang on about this being a nostalgia vote, when Dante is twelve years old, and I'm anyway perfectly capable of re-reading things. A lot of votes haven't gone my way but I'm not deriding people voting the other way than me of being deluded, foggy-brained or obsequious.

All the stories by this stage are excellent and deserve to be lauded to the heavens.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Yes, I noticed that at the last round (and earlier in this thread).  Just because your choice lost doesn't mean you have to be a sore loser and insult all those who voted for the winner by dismissing them as nostalgia-votes.  Suspect I won't participate in the next round - congratulations, your attitude has won out.

Magnetica

Yeah it's not a nostalgia vote for me. Well not just a nostalgia vote. I have re-read all of Nemesis more recently than I've read Dante. And I'm about a third of the way through a Dante reread - just waiting for podcast to restart.

For me Nemesis is just a better strip. Both are good. Both are hugely important to the history and indeed survival of the Prog. But Nemesis is just better. In my opinion. Other opinions are valid.

Highs in Nemesis:
Comic Rock.
Killer watt.
Book 1.
Book 3.
Book 4.
Book 5.
Book 6.

Kev O'Neill's amazing designs of Termite and the The Terminators. And all those aliens. And the Blitzspear.
Talbot's amazing gothic scenes.
The scenes on the beach at the end of the world.
The amazing expressions Talbot gave Torquemada's helmet.
Best villian ever. In any medium.
The Diceman Garden of Alien Delights story.
Great Uncle Baal.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 08 September, 2022, 06:51:21 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 September, 2022, 02:56:15 PM
By my count, Nemesis is ahead now. Mills fans can leap around the joint unless there are any Dante fans left in the house.

It's getting a little tiresome to hear people bang on about this being a nostalgia vote, when Dante is twelve years old...

The first Dante stories are now twenty-five years old, of course - a whole quarter of a century.

I, too, voted for Nemesis the Warlock - not for nostalgia, and not for Mills.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

I should say: I know Colin puts a lot of work into these votes to try to bring us all together as a community, so I'm sorry if my being a grumpy mumpkin (copyright) out loud gets in the way of that. Hope not. No worries from me if Dante or Nemesis win the round. Carry on!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

nxylas

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 08 September, 2022, 09:05:30 PM
The first Dante stories are now twenty-five years old, of course - a whole quarter of a century.
And the most recent one is 10 years old. IIRC.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

BPP

On reflection it's Dante

I was genuinely saddened the day it ended.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Its the hope that kills you. Last count by a boarder had this late surge by Nemesis in the lead, but it can't be by much and so last day votes will decide this... if there are any left? I'll count up... carefully... in the morning.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Mike Carroll

My vote's for Dante. It's eminently re-readable, cohesive, imaginative and enthralling. (But I did enjoy the first few series of Nemesis before it got confusingly mashed together with The ABC Warriors and Satanus to form the Pattiverse and all the fun was squeezed out of it.)

Magnetica

It's getting hard to count the votes. Indeed at one point a comment is made about the size of the lead which I count differently. But, if I am correct the lead has changed hands and back again, so any further votes are going to make all the difference.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 09 September, 2022, 10:22:27 AM
It's getting hard to count the votes. Indeed at one point a comment is made about the size of the lead which I count differently. But, if I am correct the lead has changed hands and back again, so any further votes are going to make all the difference.

I'm going to do a precount tonight in preparation - also, uniquely, noting names to avoid double votes. Trusting me to get this right at 6am would be foolish!

Magnetica

Yes there is at least one vote in bold which is proclaimed as a second vote ....which it is I believe.