Main Menu

Complete Dice Man - coming May 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 16 September, 2022, 04:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sintec

Very excited for this. Had been considering tracking down a set on ebay but I'd rather have a nice collected edition.

Colin YNWA

Yeah it was getting close to the top of my must track down pile and so this will save me a good few coins I hope.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Barrington Boots

The complete DiceMan is coming May 2023. What do you do?

If you'd like to excitedly purchase it because it rules, turn to X.
If you don't know what this is but you're kinda interested, turn to Y
If instead you'd prefer to bombastically claim Luke Rhinehart's Diceman is the only true Diceman, turn to Z.

I can only remember the Torquemada story in any real detail (don't kiss the pig!), very much looking forward to reading this again.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Diceman is brilliant!

Wonder why it's 320 pages though? By my count that's about 30 pages more than needed.

Dash Decent

The listing shows the writers and artists as Pat Mills, John Wagner, Bryan Talbot, Kevin O'Neill, David Lloyd.

I'm sure that's not a complete list.  Hunt Emerson drew at least one entry (about Ronald Reagan?).  I can only vaguely remember the imagery but I can remember his 'O's with dots in them...
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

nxylas

Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 September, 2022, 12:36:17 PM
The listing shows the writers and artists as Pat Mills, John Wagner, Bryan Talbot, Kevin O'Neill, David Lloyd.

I'm sure that's not a complete list.  Hunt Emerson drew at least one entry (about Ronald Reagan?).  I can only vaguely remember the imagery but I can remember his 'O's with dots in them...
Yes, it later led to a book-length sort-of-sequel, You Are Maggie Thatcher.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Richard

It's not a complete list but there might be a limit to how many names they can put there.

Funt Solo

Got some blether about Diceman here. There are 287 pages of strip content in the Diceman comics. You *might* add that Judge Dredd one-off from Prog 2012 (aka 1763.5) - Choose Your Own Xmas. That would be another 12 pages. And You are Slaine: Tomb of Terror was 34 pages and has a thematic link. I'm not sure how well that plays out without the associated comic.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

nxylas

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 September, 2022, 04:29:08 PM
Got some blether about Diceman here. There are 287 pages of strip content in the Diceman comics. You *might* add that Judge Dredd one-off from Prog 2012 (aka 1763.5) - Choose Your Own Xmas. That would be another 12 pages. And You are Slaine: Tomb of Terror was 34 pages and has a thematic link. I'm not sure how well that plays out without the associated comic.
33 pages of front and back matter seems like a lot, but Tomb of Terror wouldn't fit. Maybe it's padded with reprinted covers and the like.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Richard

There were only five issues so it would need more that that!

Tjm86

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 16 September, 2022, 10:41:20 AM
The complete DiceMan is coming May 2023. What do you do?

If you would like to petition Rebellion for a Webshop exclusive hardback edition ....