Main Menu

Ignorance is Strength

Started by JohnW, 27 September, 2022, 10:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 September, 2022, 12:11:31 PM
Thinking about it now, I have some vague recollection of the Games Workshop RPG describing 'grenade' as being something akin to a shotgun round, although I'm not sure why you'd call that a grenade...

Just another of those random memories, but I think the GW RPG only allowed you to hold four(?) different types of round in your Lawgiver at any one time (you could keep additional types of ammo in your belt but lost time in combat swapping over). It was quite instructional — they were all basically useless. You kept the vast bulk of your available rounds as general purpose, with a couple of hi-ex and a couple of armour piercing for special occasions.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JohnW

Here it is. Quite probably one of the best threads ever. And started when the late Si Spuruer asks just one innocent question...

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=21095.0
[/quote]

Oh to have been young in 2007 and to have been part of such a thread!
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

IndigoPrime

I like when Spurrier returns to the thread and then flees.

pauljholden

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 28 September, 2022, 07:49:06 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 September, 2022, 07:46:09 PM
Quote from: JWare on 28 September, 2022, 07:40:49 PM
No need at all for towering city blocks.

Ohhhh... we had a thread for that. Can open, worms everywhere.

Here it is. Quite probably one of the best threads ever. And started when the late Si Spuruer asks just one innocent question...

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=21095.0

You may have mixed up your Si's - Si Spurrier very much still with us, Si Spencer, sadly passed a while ago.

Richard

JohnW

And to think how I wasted the years of that thread.
I was working in a drab office while my true brethren were debating Great Matters.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!