Main Menu

Best 2000 AD strips of 2022

Started by norton canes, 03 January, 2023, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Thanks for running the poll! A shame there's no brand new thrills this year, but maybe Covid has something to answer for there. Here's mine, admittedly shaped by my christmas re-reads.

1. The Out
Not quite up to Book 1 but still amazing.

2. Chimpsky's Law
Love me some simian action.

3. Brink
Another one I've reread, and again not entirely up to the dizzying heights of the previous books. I just want more dammit!

Bubbling under: Intestinauts, The Crawley Man, Fiends...

Aaron A Aardvark

AlexF

There's a version of this list where I just vote for the three Dan Abnett strips, which have all been great, but reading through the whole list what really gets me excited about the weekly Prog is new and weird stuff, and with that in mind, my votes are:

1) The Out (which is still new and in series 2 still delightfully weird)
2) Saphir, not least becausde it's so damn beatufiul to look at. I typically admire rather than love David Roach's art but on this series he totally clicks.
3) Enemy Earth, which took a while to get going for me but in the end I found myself looking forward to the extremely bizarre art, and wondering just how much more of an emotional wreck the main character would become. I have high hopes for where this story will go, should it return.

Timothy

I'm not seeing much love for Skip Tracer here.

Batman's Superior Cousin

1) Proteus Vex
2) Chimpsky's Law
3) The Out
Honourable Mentions: Brink, Enemy Earth, Hershey, Jaegir, Kingmaker, The Crawley Man
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Link Prime

2022 wasn't a vintage year for this reader, but still a few drams to enjoy;

1) Hope... - It's just my preferred brand of bourbon.
2) Proteus Vex - The series really took off in 2022 - highlight of the early months of the year.
3) The Out - Superb stuff by Abnett & Harrisson.

HM - Jaegir.

Very little else tickled my Thrill receptors, and Brink also went off the boil for me.
Intrusive Regened Progs didn't help with the flow of some series either.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Magnetica

1. Brink
2. Proteus Vex
3. Kingmaker

HM: Jaegir.

rogue69

1. Jaegir
2. Proteus Vex
3. Kingmaker

Huey2

1). Chimpsky's Law
2). Future Shocks
3). Fiends of the Eastern Front

BPP

1 - the out
2 - Hersey
3 - proteus
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

sintec

Daveycandlish

That list just reminds me of how few of the strips I've enjoyed this year :-(

However, top three;
1. Hershey
2. Chimpsky
3. Fiends of the Eastern Front.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

norton canes

BUMP! The provisional calculations have been performed, but there's still time to vote - and without giving too much away, one person's vote just might affect the outcome!

Mike Carroll

I am strongly tempted to vote... but I probably shouldn't because I suspect I might not be unbiased!