Main Menu

Attention: Wake!

Started by Thread Zero, 17 October, 2003, 05:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Attention: Wake!

The Mind of Wolfie Smith is listed with an 18-episode Book 1.  This is actually two stories.

First, in progs 127-130, is a four-part story, untitled, with art by Ian Gibson.  (I've called it "The Evil of Matthew Hobb".)

Next is a 14-part story (progs 131-134 & 136-145) called Night of the Carnivore.  Art is by Vanyo for pts 1-12 and Mike White for pts 13-14.

--Grant

Noisybast

Uh, I'm guessing you've already been told about this, but there's a fairly unpleasant image on the "Twelve comics..." thread that probably needs deleting.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Grant Goggans

Hey Wake,

A couple of corrections for the Starlord listing for Strontium Dog.  According to the editorial in Starlord # 10, the story in # 8-10 was called "Planet of the Dead" and the story in # 12-15 was called "Paprika."

Grant Goggans

Actually, Starlord # 12 prints the Strontium Dog story with the title "Two-Faced Terror," so that one's correct.  Sorry!

But Dash Decent does not appear in prog 180.  That much is certain.  =)

Bolt-01

Wake!

Enter The Dragon 1 episode (Prog 792) 3 pages
Script: Frances Lynn, Artist: Jose Casanovas & Jnr., Letters: Tom Frame
Thrill Power: 3.50 (10 votes)

This should be 6 pages.

Bolt-01

Grant Goggans

Hey Wake,

Here are the correct art credits for the first few stories in The Mega-Rackets series:

The Body Sharks, 2 episodes, 2000 AD progs 209-210 (4/25/81 & 5/2/81). Story by "T.B. Grover" (Wagner & Grant), art by Colin Wilson.
The Perp Runners, 2 episodes, 2000 AD progs 211-212 (5/9/81 & 5/16/81). Story by "T.B. Grover" (Wagner & Grant), art by Ron Smith.
The Umpty Baggers, 2 episodes, 2000 AD progs 213-214 (5/23/81 & 5/30/81). Story by "T.B. Grover" (Wagner & Grant), art by Ron Smith (pt 1) & Ian Gibson (pt 2).
115. The Blitz Agencies, 2000 AD prog 215 (6/6/81). Story by "T.B. Grover" (Wagner & Grant), art by Ron Smith.

Bolt-01

Wake- on the profile for the new Meg.

You've got Fiends as written by David BIRCHAM and the Dredd 'language barrier' is a reprint.

Bolt-01

scutfink

The Lobster Random Profile page appears to completely ignore the existence of the  Tooth and Claw storyline...

Wake

The main profile page only shows the first and more recent appearance. Click on the bar on the right to see the full list.

Cheers,

Wake

Grant Goggans

Wake, a couple of suggestions for Megazine Volume One:

Middenface McNulty: Wun Man an' His Dug is a 7-part story, not six.  Meg 1.20 contains two separate episodes.  (Unlike a lot of "double-up" appearances, this one is printed as two individual episodes separated by two other strips, the first labelled as "episode six" and the second as "7".)

Brit-Cit Babes: Episode one of this story is double-length.  It's run as a sixteen-page chunk of Meg 1.16.

Yours in anoraktitude,
Grant

scutfink

Just purely out of interest, has this board suddenly slipped into a different timezone or is it me?

If it is me can I claim the extra hour on my timesheet here at work and tell the m you said it was ok?

Large48

On the Daily Star Strips by Ian Gibson.....

The Cursed Earth finished on 4th May 1988.

Undercity started on 5th May 1988 and finished on 3rd August 1988.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Grant Goggans

Another minor one...

The Dan Dare strip in progs 61-63 is entitled "Nightmare Planet."

Grant Goggans

Some Revolver additions...

Revolver 1 includes a one-off strip NINE INCHES TO THE MILE.  Script: Igor Goldkind, Art: Phil Winslade, Lettering: Bambos.  Three pages.

Revolver 2 includes a one-off strip GOD'S LITTLE ACRE.  Script: Ian Edginton, Art: D'Israeli, Lettering uncredited, but probably D'Israeli.  Four pages.

Grant Goggans

The episode of Armitage in Meg 2.63 is illustrated by Pete Doherty.  It's the City of the Dead "Prologue;" City of the Dead runs for 8 episodes beginning the following issue.