Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 09 January, 2013, 02:03:56 PM
The thought of Piers Morgan being right about something frightens and confuses me.
me too

Not everyone with a gun is mad,
True and I'd never cliam that

"home protection" is probably the biggest draw for owners and the media probably have to take a smidge of the blame for the culture of fear that makes the average American Joe think they could get killed by anything from a coyote to a gang member on their own front lawn.
and they are more likely to get killed with their own gun (the home owner not the Coyote)
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Still in the Ecuadoran Embassy.

His speeches from the balcony make me laugh though, just because it's so pokey and on the ground floor...

Stan

You'd think that at some point they'll try to slip him out the side door. Hopefully the sniper teams are stayin' frosty.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Not everyone with a gun is mad, but "home protection" is probably the biggest draw for owners and the media probably have to take a smidge of the blame for the culture of fear that makes the average American Joe think they could get killed by anything from a coyote to a gang member on their own front lawn.

I don't disagree with anyone having the right to defend their own home, but that's not what assault rifles are for. There's a clue as to what they're for in their name
You may quote me on that.

Stan

Semi-automatic rifles are nothing more than incorrectly named...rifles.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 09 January, 2013, 03:42:04 PM
Still in the Ecuadoran Embassy.

His speeches from the balcony make me laugh though, just because it's so pokey and on the ground floor...

Salman Rushdie's pissed he's no longer history's celeb home-hostage numero uno.

Steve Green

Terry Waite must be fuming then.

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

MercZ

The encounter between Piers Morgan and Alex Jones was truly a meeting of the minds, representing everything bad about junky journalism in this country and over in the UK.

It has worked I guess for Morgan's visibility in the media. Part of the reason he had brought Alex Jones onto the show is because he was one of the pushers for people to sign onto the white house petition to have Piers Morgan deported back to the UK (which prompted another, unfortunately smaller petition of concerned British citizens that they would not accept him back back). Of course these petitions won't be taken seriously much like the secession ones, but it rather amuses me how of all the people who wanted more gun control, they focused on Piers Morgan the most. I mean all Piers Morgan achieved here was a judge spot on America's Got Talent then Larry King's old slot on CNN which hasn't been doing too well in ratings anyways.

I wonder if I could float a conspiracy that Morgan and Jones cooperated in this particular episode for some cheap media coverage. I wouldn't put it past them.

Stan

Kinda funny how they wheeled out the victim's relatives to lay a guilt trip before they all sat around joking about shooting Alex Jones. Very sensitive.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Stan on 10 January, 2013, 09:31:13 PM
Kinda funny how they wheeled out the victim's relatives to lay a guilt trip before they all sat around joking about shooting Alex Jones. Very sensitive.

My heart bleeds for the paranoid, mentalist idiot.

Stan

Alex is big and ugly enough to look after himself. It's the fact that they were all joking about shooting people while the victim's family members were looking on (in horror, I imagine). So much for being super sensitive and caring about the children etc. The words 'crocodile tears' come to mind.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Stan on 10 January, 2013, 09:49:08 PM
Alex is big and ugly enough to look after himself. It's the fact that they were all joking about shooting people while the victim's family members were looking on (in horror, I imagine). So much for being super sensitive and caring about the children etc. The words 'crocodile tears' come to mind.

Well, Morgan is as Evil as Alex is, so you really can't expect anything more (or less).

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]