Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, DDD, but they can only sell my stuff (lawfully) if I agree to it by signing something - otherwise it's just theft. Of course, it's getting them to play by their own rules.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

mogzilla

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 May, 2014, 06:38:48 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 16 May, 2014, 05:11:17 PM
we don't know the full details it was a faux pax (?) to put the dudes details on here

The "dude's" publicly available details. No one's had their home address given out here.

Cheers

Jim

who wasn't widely  known about  til he was posted on a public forum. I also imagine it would be easy for someone to find out his address now we know who he is?  shall we contact him and see what he has to say?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: mogzilla on 16 May, 2014, 09:10:42 PM
I also imagine it would be easy for someone to find out his address now we know who he is?  shall we contact him and see what he has to say?

I have no idea what point you now think you're trying to make, which is not unusual for you. However, I'm forced to observe that only one of us has his real name on the left hand side of his posts here and one us doesn't.

Yes, there are occasional nutbags who will take information off this forum and use it to harass people in a wider context. It's been done to me by someone who is no longer a member of this forum. It wasn't the Shark.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mogzilla

the point is obviously I disagree with posting someones details home/work or otherwise when they are not in a position to defend themselves. The only thing unusual for me is that I still get surprised that jolly jim Campbell singles me out when he doesn't like something I post be it backing up tankie's post or a light hearted post on the movie thread . I don't post my name because I don't have to and don't have to explain myself to someone who describes himself as an "ageing goth"
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: mogzilla on 16 May, 2014, 09:43:09 PM
I don't post my name because I don't have to and don't have to explain myself to someone who describes himself as an "ageing goth" because I'm an inarticulate hypocrite who has nothing to offer but personal abuse when confronted with an argument I can't counter.

Fixed that for you.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mogzilla

whatever. please excuse me while I go and stitch my sides from that "witticism"

ZenArcade

Lads, it is actually upsetting seeing you both tear lumps out of each other. Z  :(
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

mogzilla

Quote from: ZenArcade on 16 May, 2014, 09:57:31 PM
Lads, it is actually upsetting seeing you both tear lumps out of each other. Z  :(

thanks man, I don't enjoy it either but that's my fault for thinking free speech and opinions could be voiced on here  but I'm an inarticulate hypocrite apparently so what the fuck do I know.

Frank

A Hindu nationalist who doesn't seem to mind Muslim's being massacred is now in control of the world's largest democracy (1.2 billion souls). Seems worth mentioning on a politics thread:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304908304579564810455296606?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304908304579564810455296606.html

ZenArcade

It isn't for me to butt in, but step back from this, pm each other and try and sort it out. We are all caught up in the  real time crises Shark is sadly undergoing, but (and I'm sure Shark would be the first to say it) we are all on here because of an abiding love for 2000AD and all things related. We arent that different or antipathic that we should harrangue each other to a level possibly well beyond what was our original intent. Z :)

mogzilla

Quote from: ZenArcade on 16 May, 2014, 10:10:16 PM
It isn't for me to butt in, but step back from this, pm each other and try and sort it out. We are all caught up in the  real time crises Shark is sadly undergoing, but (and I'm sure Shark would be the first to say it) we are all on here because of an abiding love for 2000AD and all things related. We arent that different or antipathic that we should harrangue each other to a level possibly well beyond what was our original intent. Z :)

bloody hippy! :D

ZenArcade

Really, really not a hippy, Jonny Rotten, not to be forgotten is more my line. Z  :lol:

Old Tankie

Thanks for the support, mogzilla, and to Trout earlier and to several others.  At least Jim had the choice to use his real name on here or not, as opposed to the gentleman in question who wasn't given that choice.

I agree with Zen, this needs to stop.  Although I would be interested to see what the Mods/Rebellion have to say about it.

I do wish you all the best, Sharkey, and I'm sorry if my posts made you feel obliged to put your name and address on the internet.  Keep safe.  Mike.

Old Tankie