The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Richmond Clements

And I'll raise you a:

From Andrew-Mark Thompson on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Andydrewz

Spikes

99p may sound like a bargain, but the full set will be a terrible price to pay....

COMMANDO FORCES

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

This is what the Tories mean when they say they are 'protecting the NHS' — budget surplus turned into massive deficit over the time they've been in government. When they bring their new immigration rules in, thousands more nurses will be forced to leave the UK because they don't earn enough to meet the residency requirements.

The next stage of the argument will be that the NHS is unsustainable in its current form and only more private capital will save it.

If you voted Conservative, you voted for this. You can't pretend you didn't know, because people —me included— have been banging on about this since before the 2010 election. Still think it's leftie scaremongering? You're a fucking idiot if you do...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

Hear, hear....a death by one thousand cuts well underway.  TTIP will deliver thr coup de grace. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Old Tankie

TTIP would that be the trade deal the wonderful E.U. is negotiating on our behalf?

NapalmKev

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 October, 2015, 11:30:54 AM
This is what the Tories mean when they say they are 'protecting the NHS' — budget surplus turned into massive deficit over the time they've been in government. When they bring their new immigration rules in, thousands more nurses will be forced to leave the UK because they don't earn enough to meet the residency requirements.

The next stage of the argument will be that the NHS is unsustainable in its current form and only more private capital will save it.

If you voted Conservative, you voted for this. You can't pretend you didn't know, because people —me included— have been banging on about this since before the 2010 election. Still think it's leftie scaremongering? You're a fucking idiot if you do...

Indeed. In fact, quite a few Tory voters I've spoken to seem to fail to acknowledge/understand what they've actually voted for, in the long term. 5 minutes of "I'm alright, Jack"  and years of "oh, Fuck! What have we done?"

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Richmond Clements

Just been watching this documentary on Britain First on the iplayer. Truly sickening. Blind ficking racism. I'm shaking with anger after watching this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06g59c3/we-want-our-country-back

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 11 October, 2015, 12:13:19 PM
TTIP would that be the trade deal the wonderful E.U. is negotiating on our behalf?

National governments can choose to exempt state industries and institutions from the provisions of TTIP, as the French have done. Cameron has explicitly rejected calls for him to do the same with the NHS.

Old Tankie

National governments can opt out at any time.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 October, 2015, 12:21:44 PM
Just been watching this documentary on Britain First on the iplayer. Truly sickening. Blind ficking racism. I'm shaking with anger after watching this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06g59c3/we-want-our-country-back

I watched about 5 minutes of that and had to switch off - I already know they're cunts, didn't feel there was anything new to learn and it was making me too angry

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 11 October, 2015, 12:35:01 PM
National governments can opt out at any time.

Yes, and Cameron says he's not going to exempt the NHS.