Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Perhaps Rebellion will do a limited HC, as with 13th Floor.

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 November, 2018, 04:57:42 AM
    Sadly it seems the second volume of Leopard of Lime Street may be paperback only.  If so it's another instance of the follow up volume not being hardback like the original.[/list]

Please be aware that this list is the mainstream release schedule and doesn't include any special editions we may offer through our webshop.

Batman's Superior Cousin

The big news for me is that Absalom Volume 3 is touted as it's last, meaning that the next story will be it's final story. :o :(
    I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
    Texts from Last Night

broodblik

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 22 November, 2018, 12:13:13 PM
    The big news for me is that Absalom Volume 3 is touted as it's last, meaning that the next story will be it's final story. :o :(

So hopefully we get the last part sooner than later......
    When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

I see the Small House is coming out next year - seems quite fast (?)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Molch-R on 22 November, 2018, 10:21:12 AM
      Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 November, 2018, 04:57:42 AM
      Sadly it seems the second volume of Leopard of Lime Street may be paperback only.  If so it's another instance of the follow up volume not being hardback like the original.[/list]

Please be aware that this list is the mainstream release schedule and doesn't include any special editions we may offer through our webshop.

Great!  Thanks Molch-R.  I realise that's not a definite promise, but it means there's still hope for some matching hardbacks.
      - By Appointment -
      Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

AlexF

Death Wish has an amazing cover and the blurb sounds super awesome. But is it actually any good?
      And by good, I mean is it full of the violent pain and death I've come to know and love from 2000AD / early Action, or is it watered down?

Tjm86

Well, it managed to get a resurgence in the 80's Eagle.  Compared to Action / Tooth, aye it is quite tame.  Worth reading though?  I would say so.  Not exactly full of the violent pain and death Tooth fans are used to but enjoyable nonetheless.

Cosier

If you want a taster, the first two episodes were made available as part of the promo for The Vigilant.

DrJomster

Sad news... I hope we get another series from the same world at some point. Absalom and Cabs have been brilliant!
      The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: DrJomster on 23 November, 2018, 10:44:47 PM

Sad news... I hope we get another series from the same world at some point. Absalom and Cabs have been brilliant!

To be honest I think its a good thing. Its always had the sense of something that that a single finite story to tell and it will be nice to have it wrap up as a solid chunk of goodness. So many writers have so many plates spinning its nice to see some get wrapped up.

Much as I love Ian Edginton's work right now he could well benefit from doing this as well. Which from his recent thrillcast he might be aware needs to happen.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tjm86 on 23 November, 2018, 07:11:07 PM
      Well, it managed to get a resurgence in the 80's Eagle.  Compared to Action / Tooth, aye it is quite tame.  Worth reading though?  I would say so.  Not exactly full of the violent pain and death Tooth fans are used to but enjoyable nonetheless.

I loved the gruesomeness and despair of Death Wish when it ran in Tiger (which my brother got), but lost interest when Blake had his face perfectly reconstructed by a plastic surgeon... only to immediately have another accident disfigure him in the exact same way (anticipating Moe Syzlak's career as a soap star by some 20 years).

DrJomster

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 November, 2018, 05:20:36 PM
      Quote from: DrJomster on 23 November, 2018, 10:44:47 PM

To be honest I think its a good thing. Its always had the sense of something that that a single finite story to tell and it will be nice to have it wrap up as a solid chunk of goodness. So many writers have so many plates spinning its nice to see some get wrapped up.

Yeah, that's a very good point.  :)

I'd still love a third series in the same universe at some point though, focussing on different characters.
      The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 November, 2018, 05:20:36 PMMuch as I love Ian Edginton's work right now he could well benefit from doing this as well. Which from his recent thrillcast he might be aware needs to happen.
      Having re-read Helium vol1 recently in a Meg floppy: yep.

Robin Low

Rather than start a separate thread...

I was wondering if we're ever likely to see large format collections of Nemesis the Warlock. We've had the Mek-Files and Ro-Busters collections and various other large hardbacks, and I would have thought Nemesis an obvious next step. Yeah, I know I've already got the Titan reprints and the Rebellion phonebooks and the Best of 2000AD monthlies and... but I'd like some large format hardbacks.

Same goes for large format hardback editions of the Dredd epics. Cursed Earth was great, but let's have a few more. I know there's all the Hachette stuff, but I'd prefer something that approximates the original page size.

Regards,

Robin