Main Menu

BRINK BOOK 5 Query

Started by SmallBlueThing(Reborn), 25 November, 2022, 04:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JWare on 28 November, 2022, 09:49:40 AM
The way I remember it, the Next Progs of the eighties were wonderfully inventive – sometimes not so much teasers as almost a part of the story. I'd forgotten Zenith until you mentioned it, but there are a few that have always stuck in my memory.

Strontium Dog often excelled on that score, with "No snecks, please, we're brutish" being a particular highlight...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 November, 2022, 10:01:45 AM
Quote from: JWare on 28 November, 2022, 09:49:40 AM
The way I remember it, the Next Progs of the eighties were wonderfully inventive – sometimes not so much teasers as almost a part of the story. I'd forgotten Zenith until you mentioned it, but there are a few that have always stuck in my memory.

Strontium Dog often excelled on that score, with "No snecks, please, we're brutish" being a particular highlight...

Great Sneckspectations another, and I'm fond of 'For Whom the Bill Tells' leading to an episode where Johnny is outed by a mutant duck!
@jamesfeistdraws

JohnW

And let's not forget that seemingly endless supply of dog puns.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

credo

Would be lovely to know when these were authorial suggestions (as I suspect with Zenith and Fervent & Lobe) and when they were editorial.

A good pun feels like it's one of the joys of being on the editorial staff.