Main Menu

Dredd Con VI - date confirmation

Started by 2000AD Online, 25 July, 2005, 07:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Just out of curiosity... If one (and one's missus) were thinking about going to Oxford for that weekend, and one was travelling from Dublin, what would be the best way to get there? Any convenient nearby airports?

Mike C

Tanky

You could fly into London and get the megabus

Mr C

ukdane

To come, or not to come, that is the question.
Cheers

-Daney

Art

I'm not 100% yet, but I think I'm going to make this.

you'll recognise me by the cowboy hat.

Bolt-01

Mike C, give RAC a mail. He made the trip last year so must know what he's doing.

Be great to meet ye.

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

Mike, flying into Stanstead and getting a bus to Oxford is easy, by god, even I managed it!

Wils

The Melvins on the 4th

What?! Argh! [rushes to the Ipecac website...]

Buddy

Mike. easyJet have really cheap flights from cork over that weekend, if that's any good to you.

Queen Firey-Bou

hurrah !

i'll have to check pending heavy shit dates, but hopefully thats one weekend i can make.

now the eurobar was expensive for how smelly it was, but convienient. is there any other cheap , central & recommended hostelery ?

sheeite, i bet monievavevev is all booked up by now too, sheesh, i hate trying to plan ahead in a world of uncertainty.

Something Fishy

i think i might come, would be the first time for me.

Does anyone any good places to stay nearbye (and easy to reach for a guy with no sense of direction).

Buddy

I'll be going too but with funds so tight at the moment an overnight stay might be pushing it a bit.

Suggestion, bring twice as much money as you think you'll need. With the artists bringing pages to sell and the drink flowing you'll soon get through it.

Artificial Idiot

Well, I'd like to head up there. But I feel I just have to ask this... Is not drinking a major handicap in these events?

Art

For extra fun I may be jetlagged as well as drunk this year.

Dudley

Is not drinking a major handicap in these events?

Non-drinkers seem to do just fine.  I certainly wasn't particularly pissed last year.

For extra fun I may be jetlagged as well as drunk this year.

Art, we all know you chickened out on the Seattle move and have settled in Croydon... you're not fooling anybody...