Main Menu

Three Winter Warmers to Keep your Thrill Circuits Toasty

Started by 2000AD Online, 19 October, 2005, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

Adventurer- cover them all in brown paper- then they'll all be the same, plus you'll the vbonus in that'll be able to draw your own GN covers!

Grant Goggans

Maybe we can get Johnny Eyebrows to draw us all a new picture for the October Rogue Trooper book for our brown paper covers...

--Grant

Wils

Or failing that, there's always Al's interpretation of Rogue...

Byron Virgo

Didn't Pete win the original art for that at Shedconn this year?

The Adventurer

Thread Bump GO.

Question, I was going over the Episode list of Nikolai Dante: The Courtship of Jena Makarov and noticed this oddity in the episode break down...

The Courtship of Jena Makarov 12 episodes (Progs 1161 to 1172) 65 pages
Script: Robbie Morrison, Artist: Simon Fraser

Then...

Love and War 8 episodes (Progs 1200 to 1207)
Script: Robbie Morrison, Artist: John Burns
Thrill Power: 8.53 (17 votes)
Book Two Of 'Tsar Wars'

Highlight Mine.

They're skipping Book 1 of 'Tsar Wars? Rudinshtein Irregulars is what Book 1 was according to the site.

Is there any logical reason for this? Perhaps a typo?

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=reprint&page=gnprofiles&choice=courtship" target="_blank">Nikolai Dante: The Courtship of Jena Makarov

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Amstor Computer

I think you can fairly safely say that that listing is incorrect, especially as including either book 1 or 2 of "Tsar Wars" would bump the page count above the one listed above.

I think the story that the contents list is meant to include is the epilogue to "The Courtship..." and the confusion probably comes from the fact that it's also called "Love and War". That puts the page count in roughly the right area, ties up the whole of "The Courtship..." and sets the scene for volume 4, "Tsar Wars".

The Amstor Computer

...and FYI, the short story "Love and War" that should close the book first appeared in 2000AD Prog 2000, the first of the now-regular annual bumper progs.

Wake

Thanks I've corrected the database from

'Love and War' '2000AD' to ' Love and War' 'Specials'

Cheers,

Wake

The Adventurer

Just an assumption here, but then the next Dante collection will probibly be titled...'Tzar Wars?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Amstor Computer

Adventurer --

IIRC, the title of Volume 4 has already been announced & it is indeed "Tsar Wars". Hopefully it will collect the entire Tsar Wars saga in one volume, then a fifth book would bring us right up to date.

Carlsborg Expert

So Si Davis is just doing those wonderful cover as a part of finishing up a contract?

No smiley.

The Amstor Computer

Well, it's actually Si Fraser, but... ;-)

The cover for "The Courtship..." is actually a modified title page from that story. I believe he rejigged it himself, as with the first volume of Dante reprints. The second volume was an all-new cover.

Carlsborg Expert

Yeah,m course. sorry, I always do that.

So I assume that he is popping back in and bevelling out a pic at two. Thanks.:)