Main Menu

Graphic Novels for December

Started by 2000AD Online, 24 November, 2005, 06:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Cheers for the info, Jon - your time is much appreciated.

Delighted to hear that the November titles are shipping. As luck would have it, I get paid in a couple of days... ;-)

Jonathan O

Also, forgot to say that the Case Files are all black and white on the inside.

Dark Jimbo

That Dredd pic is from the end of Robot Wars, and originally had Walter the Wobot crouched at his right foot, saying something like 'Oh, thank you, Judge Dwedd, thank you!' And Dredd dramatically going 'That's alright, Walter - for you are now this city's FIRST FREE ROBOT!'

And I think it was drawn by Ian Gibson.

Heh, not bad considering I've never even read the story!
@jamesfeistdraws

The Amstor Computer

One final Q for Jon:

The Case Files collections seem to be - to an extent - modelled on the Marvel Essentials and DC Showcase lines. As with those books, should we expect these chunky Dredd collections to be on cheap stock, or will they be printed on the heavier, glossy paper used in the most recent Rebellion trades?

Very geeky question, I know, but it would be wonderful to have these stories nicely reprinted on paper that doesn't turn yellow when you breathe on it... :-)

Jonathan O

The paper isn't exactly the same as the standard paperback and hardbacks but I just got a sample of the stock and it is good quality. Shouldn't turn yellow when you breathe on it.

The Amstor Computer

...provided I brush my teeth :-)

Sounds good, and if the Case Files turn out well it might convince me to finally shift my old Complete & Classic Judge Dredd issues in favour of something a little more convenient, and a bit more permanent.

Cthulouis

Do ya reacon the cursed earth ones will have the never republished episodes?

I'm guessin they won't for copyright issus, but it would be nice to read them one day to see what all the fuss was about.

Jonathan O

I'm afraid they won't but I do give a run down of the missing plot bits in my intro to book 2.

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

ukdane

Also, forgot to say that the Case Files are all black and white on the inside.

So what will happen when the colour stories are introduced?

Will the case files stop?
Cheers

-Daney

IndigoPrime

Well, there's another ?30 down the drain next month. I have to say, I'm a big fan of Simon's design work. I've even stopped being annoyed about the change in cover dress, simply because the new designs are so nice.

As for the Dredd case files, I really hope this isn't going to be a case of an effective re-run of that Complete Judge Dredd monthly from a while back. That really annoyed the crap out of me when it suddenly stopped dead and started being a "best of Dredd". "Complete" should really mean just that. Then again, it doesn't look like the Case Files series includes annual and specials, so I guess it's not really complete anyway.

Um...

Wils

That cover for the casefiles is great. *So* great, in fact, that I've boshed together some quick wallpapers. :)

1024 x 768

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/casefiles800x600.jpg" target="_blank">800 x 600

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/casefiles_diddy.jpg">

The Amstor Computer

What I especially like is the use of the creator credits and other text to create a kind of typographical mirror of Dredd. Very neatly done.

Dudley

Jon Oliver, in addition to whipping up a good graphic novel cover and being the only Rebellion person who dares talk to the messageboard wierdos, has extraordinarily good taste in books n music.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=JONO" target="_blank">One of us...

The Amstor Computer

Heh. Quite a few crossovers with my own library there.

Off-topic a bit - has anyone else read the wonderful Chaykin/Mignola adaptations of Leiber's work?

...and Midwinter! One of the finest titles I ever played on my old Atari ST, and a game that is just crying out for an intelligent revamp. Many hours lost skiing from outpost to outpost, desparately trying to outpace a heavily-armed snowmobile... :-)