Main Menu

Five years since returning to the prog

Started by norton canes, 02 February, 2022, 03:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

Well... five years and a day, to be precise, since I took the plunge and returned to the 2000 AD fold after 27 years by purchasing prog 2016 from the campus branch of WHSmith's. What a line-up! Still one of my favourites.

Er, that's all I wanted to say really. Five years!

Colin YNWA

Congratulations.

Sounds like the return has been a success... I'm trying to remember what you've been saying on the review thread, but you're still playing happily here so something must be working!

AlexF

Always great to hear that a more-or-less random Prog can still win the hearts of a lapsed Squaxxlik.

broodblik

Wow then mine is 10 years this year. I rejoined when Day of Choas just started. But congrats
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 03 February, 2022, 08:32:07 AM
Wow then mine is 10 years this year. I rejoined when Day of Choas just started. But congrats

Good timing!

broodblik

Quote from: sheridan on 03 February, 2022, 08:42:44 AM

Good timing!

Then I had to start catching-up with Dredd by starting to buy all the Case Files. This was a very expensive exercise but it was well worth it. I have now read all Dredd stories published in the prog and meg.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Which means you can also say with confidence that 'Tour of Duty' isn't in the Top 10 best Dredds, yes?

Barrington Boots

Coincidence? I think not.

Happy Prog-iversary guys!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Quote from: norton canes on 02 February, 2022, 03:34:12 PM
Er, that's all I wanted to say really. Five years!

Stinkin Norts!

Actually - it's been a pleasure having input from both yourself and Broodblik the last few years.