Main Menu

Meg 252: A Bullet For Beeny

Started by Trout, 13 November, 2006, 11:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

>The weirdo 'enjoyed' the dead body before he was put it on? did I read that right? .

He had the body impregnated with his own demon seed, I don't think he fucked it, he's not a literal necropheliac.

Jim_Campbell

"Who's Wally" from 248 was originally in Meg 3.46 .

... And which I'd never read before.

A previously un-read Cam Kennedy Dredd. Like Christmas come early, that was!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trout

Maybe fatherhood has softerned his cold and black, black heart.

Of course!

- Trout McDad

Dark Jimbo

I've not been getting a lot out of the meg for a while - I want to read America 1 and 2 before reading 3, so I skip that - and because of the snail's pace of Fiends, I decided to wait to read the whole thing in one go at the end, so I skip that too. Finally I can read the whole of Fiends, and perhaps Siddha will make more sense now that I can read the whole thing.

When the Meg clears its decks like this, it's always more exciting than when the prog does it, as the monthly format makes it feel like the stories have been hanging around forever. Hopefully now I can get myself more energised about the Meg.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bolt-01

Jim, it was Jason Brashill that drew the reprint.

Can I just say that the cover was awful. Is that meant to be a lawgiver? Sheesh.

Bolt-01

Wake

Can I just say that the cover was awful. Is that meant to be a lawgiver? Sheesh.

I like America herself but the lawgiver doesn't look anything like one, nor much like the gun Delong was holding, which America picked up but didn't fire.

Cheers,

Wake

JOE SOAP

Yeah, the gun on the meg cover looked like a concrete block.

DavidXBrunt

Bolt - Jim was talking about the Kennedy strip from a wee while back.

Concrete Block 15

OI! No need to get personal, garageman!
Bloody cheek!

JOE SOAP

>OI! No need to get personal, garageman!
Bloody cheek!

Sorry, you look like a gun.

Jim_Campbell

"Jim was talking about the Kennedy strip from a wee while back"

That I was, sir. That I was ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

On the one hand, a crap Meg - and on the other - at least everything finished.

America III was the only thing holding that together (even with the unfortunately timed "you're my wife now, Dave" punchline).  

Fiends was the only other thing that gets immediately read - and that's down to the art, frankly.

Everything else was skim-worthy save-for-later material.

Later...

Reprint Dredd - the pages are fused together so I didn't read it.

Black Siddha - thank fuck that's finished.  Forever, by the looks of things.  A real disjointed, messy downer of a series, compared to the first two instalments.  Bury it deeply, Meg-Tharg.

Tales from... - I fucking well hated Cool Johnny Cool the first time he stained my prog, and now here he is again.  At least it's a true nightmare - was that the intention?  I hope so, because it falls far short of being in any way amusing.

Small Press Thing - quite a good time twister - it's telling that this is better than Tales..., Siddha or Fiends (and then he took off his mask!), whilst still being quite average.

---

Overall - the Meg's about as low as it's ever been.  Rebellion - stop being such cheapskates and hire a second editor.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Wils

Rebellion - stop being such cheapskates and hire a second editor.

And that comment earns funt solo...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/mongohat.jpg">

Trout

Hmm. I think it's a fair point. Admittedly, Matt Smith deserves a little more time to mould the Meg into what he thinks it should be.

But it was great under Alan Barnes - IMO the best it's ever been. I can't help but think it would benefit from having someone concentrate all his time on it.

But I have high hopes for next month, with lots of new stuff!

- Trout