Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2020

Started by Bolt-01, 23 January, 2020, 02:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Thought Bubble 2020

This year the gig will be 14th & 15th November, and staying in Harrogate!

First wave of guests announced, including Joe Hill.

Colin YNWA

How was the new location last year? I missed going to a con last years and always loved Thought Bubble in Leeds. Trouble in now in a conference centre in Harrogate it just feels like any other event to me? Though those who were there last year may feel otherwise?

Steve Green

It definitely felt different (unsurprisingly)

As far as I could work out there was just the one entrance/exit (at least that I saw) which made nipping in and out more effort than in Leeds.

Venue itself is of the big sports hall type (or three connected ones for the main con)

I didn't get the chance to go to any panels, so can't comment on those - Harrogate itself was a lot quieter than Leeds.

I still miss the Royal Armouries, but there wasn't the problem with bag checks and big gaps between venues that Leeds City Centre had.

My main complaint was that the PA was pretty hard to hear.

Dandontdare

Bolt-01

Yeah, the PA was not brilliant.

I found the new venue ace. We were in the 'middle' hall, so had a colossal throughput of attendees heading to and from places.

Harrogate itself was grand, too.

I've already booked the hotel for the weekend to get a decent price.

flip-r mk2

I've booked myself into the Old Swan again.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 January, 2020, 08:43:03 AM
I've already booked the hotel for the weekend to get a decent price.

Leonia and I have been debating whether to go this year -- we've never been to Thought Bubble before -- but if you're going to be there, we're definitely going!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 January, 2020, 08:43:03 AM
I found the new venue ace. We were in the 'middle' hall, so had a colossal throughput of attendees heading to and from places.

Harrogate itself was grand, too.

I've been to a couple of the Leeds ones in years gone by and always found it a bit bewildering with stuff spread out all over the place, but Harrogate was engagingly compact with agreeable boozers and restaurants within very short walking distance of the convention and stuffed to the rafters with friendly comics folks.

Pub find of the weekend went to Pete Wells, who managed to find one whose food offering consisted entirely of pies, pasties and sausage rolls — basically a Greggs that served beer. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 24 January, 2020, 02:37:55 PM
Leonia and I have been debating whether to go this year -- we've never been to Thought Bubble before -- but if you're going to be there, we're definitely going!

I've been telling the organisers to ask you over for the last three years, so this is wonderful news. Myself and Izzy will be there from the Friday to the Sunday.

Tiplodocus

Yeah, I really enjoyed it (my first TB) and plan to be back for more this year. Panels I attended were great fun too.

Train journey from Calhab was a bit of a faff but meant I could also drink in the aforementioned Greggs with Beer.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

Proudhuff

I enjoyed the one I attended in Leeds, need to looks at the diary now!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Any hotel recommendations: near by? Cheap? by a Greggs? decent spoon policy in the bar?
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

I went through booking.com but I think that pretty much anywhere in Harrogate is within walking distance of the gig.

I've booked at the St George, just across the road.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 January, 2020, 10:53:11 AM
Any hotel recommendations: near by? Cheap? by a Greggs? decent spoon policy in the bar?

DON'T.

TOUCH.

THE.

SPOON!