Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 25 November, 2018, 08:26:58 AM
And I can't spell Shaman!
:-[

All that raving takes its toll...  ;)

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Eamonn Clarke

Here is David's glorious grail by Henry Flint, words by Robbie Morrison "I am Shakara"

Eamonn Clarke

Posted on the advent calendar thread yesterday this is the top tens results episode. You can find the results listed in the top ten thread as well.

Cheers
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2018/12/81-top-ten-results.html

Eamonn Clarke

And coming up on the podcast:

82. The Rogue Trooper board game
83. Major Eazy
84. Black Max
85. A History of Violence
86. Mek Files 3

All those are recorded, and hopefully 87 will be The Simping Detective

Dandontdare

Looking forward to the next one as I used to love that game - Pass the anti-stammel gas!

Eamonn Clarke

It's time to talk about 2000AD tabletop games with my guest Jim Hawkins. We start with the Rogue Trooper board game and go on to talk about the new releases from Warlord Games and the Worlds of 2000AD role playing games.

Listen in
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2018/12/82-rogue-trooper-board-game.html

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 09 December, 2018, 08:52:56 AM

It's time to talk about 2000AD tabletop games with my guest Jim Hawkins. We start with the Rogue Trooper board game and go on to talk about the new releases from Warlord Games and the Worlds of 2000AD role playing games.

Listen in
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2018/12/82-rogue-trooper-board-game.html

That was an unexpected namecheck, thanks!  Prompted me to update the boardgamegeek list to add the last year and a bit's worth of releases!

2000AD | BoardGameGeek

sheridan

I've not managed to find the Chopper game referenced, but here's a handy list of games that have been published in 2000AD:
Barney

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: sheridan on 09 December, 2018, 10:03:19 PM
I've not managed to find the Chopper game referenced, but here's a handy list of games that have been published in 2000AD:
Barney
Excellent work , Sheridan.

And here's the other challenge from the episode.
Who is the artist on this grail page pick by Jim? Taken from the Traveller Dredd rpg rulebook if I remember correctly.

Lobo Baggins

Also like to say thanks for the namecheck!

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 10 December, 2018, 07:43:23 AM
Barney

Who is the artist on this grail page pick by Jim? Taken from the Traveller Dredd rpg rulebook if I remember correctly.

I don't remember the artist, but it's from a subscriber exclusive poster from about 2004 or 2005 - Jim would need to have a pretty big wall, I seem to recall it was almost quad poster sized!

I used it as a background image for the Gangs of Mega-City One articles in Mongoose's Signs & Portents Wargamer magazine, so it's probable that the picture in the Dredd RPG book is the scan I made of my poster (and a right pig it was to scan in it was, too!)
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Lobo Baggins

Barney

It's Unamerican Graffiti, which I believe was concocted on this very forum!

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=download&page=rules&choice=graffiti
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 10 December, 2018, 09:44:55 AM

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 10 December, 2018, 07:43:23 AM
Barney

I don't remember the artist, but it's from a subscriber exclusive poster from about 2004 or 2005 - Jim would need to have a pretty big wall, I seem to recall it was almost quad poster sized!

I used it as a background image for the Gangs of Mega-City One articles in Mongoose's Signs & Portents Wargamer magazine, so it's probable that the picture in the Dredd RPG book is the scan I made of my poster (and a right pig it was to scan in it was, too!)

I'm pretty sure it's by Kev Walker and was originally done for the 1995 film - can anyone corroborate?

sheridan

Barney says it was Greg Staples with design by Wake
Quote from: barney640x480
800x600
1024x768
640x480
800x600
1024x768
Mega-City One   Mega-City One   Mega-City One
Greg Staples   Jock   Craig Pedersen
Wakefield Morys-Carter

Eamonn Clarke

Yes, Steve Green on the facebook page wins the no-prize for being the first person to identify the Staples droid for me and Jim.
Thanks for all the extra info about the poster, the scanning(!), and the games.

Eamonn Clarke

A chat with Ian Grant about Major Eazy from Battle Picture Weekly, featuring some stunning work by Carlos Ezquerra and Alan Hebden.
Has anyone read the version with the Sylvester Stallone introduction?

Listen in at:

https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2018/12/83-major-eazy.html