Main Menu

New monthly Dredd title announced for North America

Started by Emperor, 16 March, 2012, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 16 March, 2012, 09:03:08 PM
I'll be at Wondercon tomorrow - I'll do a bit of investigative work.

Make sure Mark Millar's not involved.

Electromud

This is great news! Use the same writing staff, it would be a shame to see Ol' Stoneyface watered down to meet American standards. I say this as an American by the way.  :lol:
...the mask..the costume..the weapons..you know what I smell? I smell vigilante. And I don't like vigilantes!

vzzbux

Quote from: Electromud on 16 March, 2012, 09:05:53 PM
This is great news! Use the same writing staff, it would be a shame to see Ol' Stoneyface watered down to meet American standards. I say this as an American by the way.  :lol:
We can tell your American by your avatar.  ;)

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Van Dom

Definitely good news, IDW are a good company, seem to know how to properly handle the properties they have. Can only be good for 2000ad's exposure in general. Maybe it will help people come to the realisation that the comic didn't end back in 1987.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

dracula1

Smart business move and guarantee's the likely hood of 2000ad living on in the short to medium term. :)

Electromud

Quote from: vzzbux on 16 March, 2012, 09:25:54 PM
Quote from: Electromud on 16 March, 2012, 09:05:53 PM
We can tell your American by your avatar.  ;)

Oh noooo! Pretty ironic of me to speak of watered down Dredd with that photo I suppose. Haha :-X

V
...the mask..the costume..the weapons..you know what I smell? I smell vigilante. And I don't like vigilantes!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Electromud on 16 March, 2012, 10:39:47 PM

Oh noooo! Pretty ironic of me to speak of watered down Dredd with that photo I suppose. Haha :-X

Pissed-on is more like it.

Steve Green

Be interested to see where this goes - whether there's any attempt to tie it into 'our' Dredd or not.

All the best to everyone involved with it, hope it does well.

Link Prime

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 16 March, 2012, 09:03:08 PM

I'll be at Wondercon tomorrow - I'll do a bit of investigative work.

Really looking forward to finding out who's involved with this, IDW have some great talent working for them.
Also chuffed that IDW are digital same day as print- will defo be getting this as a wednesday download once per month.

maryanddavid

I hope Wagner and Ennis are involved as rumoured.
Of the DC titles I liked the Legends of the Law best, a lot of misses but some decent stuff too, I like a repeat of the format.

What writers and artist would you like to have a shot?

I dont read that many American comics but Id like to see Brubaker, Ellis, Azerello(sp) and maybe even Mignola. Im not that up with artists, but Sean Phillips would be great to see.

David

IndigoPrime

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 March, 2012, 08:39:14 PM
Interesting.  Now I can not buy two Dredd comics every month!
Knowing IDW, you'd have to buy approx. 346 comics every month, because there'll be variant covers, spin-offs, spin-offs from the spin-offs, ret-cons, etc. Still, nice to see a new title, although I hope only the right people get involved and it doesn't end up like the DC disaster.

Electromud

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Greg Rucka could probably do something interesting.
You may quote me on that.

radiator

Great stuff! Will definitely be buying, exciting, as I haven't bought a regular monthly comic book in about ten years!

Andy Diggle has already tweeted IDW to offer his services as writer...

If this is to be a movie-continuity Dredd series (which seems likely), then I wonder if Alex Garland is involved...?

JOE SOAP