Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teivion

I wonder if I can get to the top of page 100 ??

Goaty

Oh, my thread got to 100 pages??

Well, gotta to say, for one thing, I am glad this film get made, and for one, I cant wait to see it in September, no matter how badly it is (it wouldn't as never read the script or listen to one biggest moaner)  I trust in them to made it, not long to go!

Gonk

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 16 February, 2012, 12:33:26 AM
Quote from: wonkychop on 15 February, 2012, 11:53:48 PM
I missed out from that list cloning and teleportation. Every fantasy trope is in "City of the Damned". It's an enjoyable read don't get me wrong Andersonshame. You'd be hard put to find a story with all those different elements in it.

What are you on about. I did not once say that I would like to see City of the Damned up there on the big screen. I did say that would be overkill. My point is that if Dark judges or any one element from the comics that could be deemed out of the ordinary had to be done, it could be done in a way that would work believably. E.g the above mentioned unfilmable works of fiction. If you want to see all the crap from City of the Damned be my guest.

What i'm trying to say, it is possibly the quintessential sci-fi story of all time, it has every sci-fi trick in the book in it. All condensed in a few pages. Also it's the first time in the Dredd strip that Judge Anderson comes across as being sexy. :D

Seriously, if the new films were going to incorporate full blown fantasy in them City of the Damned would be the one because it seems like a commmentary on the SF/Horror genre as a whole to me.

Unfilmable works of fiction? I thought that accolade went to the Naked Lunch?
coming at a cinema near you soon

Gonk

The only thing it doesn't have in it is a talking ape. ;)

Goaty

Wonky, why you kept want to dumb down the Dredd films?

Gonk

Doesn't matter what I want Goaty. The Dredd film is being made in a way by people who own the rights to do this, I don't have control over direction I'm, just a passenger. As a punter I have no say in what the film should be like, I am going to get this version of Judge Dredd whether I like it or not. I am a consumer not a producer.

I like to discuss Dredd as a fan/pundit why do you think it's in my power to "dumb it down" ?

malkymac

IF we were to get a sequel and the movie was going to stay in the gritty realistic vein then perhaps a basis for the story could be the democracy movement combined with the more recent plots involving Total War taking the more extremist route?

It could involve seeing aspects of how the judges subvert the democratic movement whilst trying to stop Total War setting off a warhead (you could maybe even involve Orlok who could be there supplying the hardware for Total War). I think this this could be action packed and also give us a chance to see more of megacity and it's citizens.

Danbo

Orlok egging Total War on without them knowing who he really is would be cool,all leading to Block War and then (budget permitting) Apocalypse War.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 16 February, 2012, 04:32:03 PM
Orlok egging Total War on without them knowing who he really is would be cool,all leading to Block War and then (budget permitting) Apocalypse War.

Total War < Block War < Apocalypse War.

Danbo

Yeah,all in reverse....with Chopper in the first one and nukes galore in the sequel.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Cactus

Quote from: wonkychop on 15 February, 2012, 11:55:16 PM
Quote from: Cactus on 15 February, 2012, 11:49:03 PM
Ok, this thread has doubled in size since I last read it. Has anything happened or are we all still just waiting for a teaser trailer?
Sure am goood buddy!
Thanks wonkychop.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

radiator

Dunno why people think The Apocalypse War would work well as a sequel.

Why bother going to all the trouble of establishing Dredd as 'judge, jury and executioner' only to throw that all out the window and have him fighting a guerilla war against some very dated Cold War villains?

Bat King

TV Series spin off can cover everything, it'll jar with the movie continuity of course but you can't have everything...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Gonk

Yes a T.V. serial would be nice. The thing is with that idea though, Judge Dredd is already serialised in the comics, could be a case of overkill. Not that Dredd is a stranger to a bit of overkill!

The "Hunter's Club" episodes would be suited for adaption to film. Just change the conspiracy to murder  to some big MC1 figure instead of an anonymous victim, and have Dredd chasing the assassins through  the film, build up plenty of tension with a string of assinations, can Dredd stop them in time?

blackmocco

Tons of stuff that would make the transition with this movie version:

Hotdog Run
Graveyard Shift
Angel Gang and Fink
Shanty Town
The Pit
Captain Skank
Diary Of A Mad Citizen
Block Mania (Not so sure about Apocalypse War, to be honest but Orlok spreading chaos throughout the city...? Hell yeah.)
Rico (Exile on Titan might be too much but no reason forced labor camps in the Cursed Earth can't explain Rico's physical makeover, no...?)
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com