Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Quote from: dracula1 on 21 February, 2012, 09:27:47 PM
may indicate the film company distancing itself from the source material and fans completely :(

That's utter rubbish, I'm afraid.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Goaty on 21 February, 2012, 09:05:24 PM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 21 February, 2012, 08:54:51 PM
Do you think they'll put a codpiece in the Movie Trailer just to frighten us? ;)
well, I post that about 60 pages ago!

We're endlessly circling the DREDD Film Motorway hoping for an eventual exit road. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

Lets hope the powers that be use the London con and birthday to their advantage. If not it is a missed opportunity for good Promo and may indicate the film company distancing itself from the source material and fans completely :(

Or it may not.

It's a new con, MCM Expo at the same venue was pretty heaving, but I don't know what this one will be like seeing that it might not have the same demographic as that, such as the anime and manga fans, the movie mob etc.

If they were going to show anything new at a British convention, I'd expect it would be more likely to be at Kapow, even if it is still only going to be its second show.

But that is also just a guess, as is most of this thread.

dweezil2

Quote from: Steve Green on 21 February, 2012, 10:04:50 PM
Lets hope the powers that be use the London con and birthday to their advantage. If not it is a missed opportunity for good Promo and may indicate the film company distancing itself from the source material and fans completely :(

Or it may not.

It's a new con, MCM Expo at the same venue was pretty heaving, but I don't know what this one will be like seeing that it might not have the same demographic as that, such as the anime and manga fans, the movie mob etc.

If they were going to show anything new at a British convention, I'd expect it would be more likely to be at Kapow, even if it is still only going to be its second show.

But that is also just a guess, as is most of this thread.

Yeah, probably true. For better or worse, there's a lot more media hype and buzz surrounding Kapow.

As for the impatience regarding the trailer's relaease. Isn't it more sensible for DNA/Lionsgate to get the trailer right rather than rush something out that isn't representative of the finished film?

A decent trailer can make or break a film's success-especially one with as much baggage as Dredd.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

PreacherCain

I imagine we're only going to get a short teaser first. Which won't necessarily contain footage. Isn't that how it usually works? Which means the trailer won't be for another while yet.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: PreacherCain on 22 February, 2012, 12:31:31 AM
I imagine we're only going to get a short teaser first. Which won't necessarily contain footage. Isn't that how it usually works? Which means the trailer won't be for another while yet.

It will likely contain some footage, some teaser trailers show more actual footage than others, but it's the full theatrical trailer that will be going for the wow factor - in Dredd's case it will be action-heavy, and with some great shots of Mega-City One - but I wouldn't expect the Dredd theatrical trailer until mid-July (in time to capitalise on The Dark Knight Rises theatrical release) at earliest...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Gonk

Something more is bound to slip out between now and July. Mark my words.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Spaceghost

Just as a heads up; Simon Pegg just posted a 'Happy Birthday 2000 AD' message on Twitter, stating that there'll be a video message to follow featuring a 'special guest'.

Considering Peggy is currently filming Star Trek 2, could the 'special guest' be you-know-who?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Quote from: Lee Bates on 22 February, 2012, 01:33:00 PM
Just as a heads up; Simon Pegg just posted a 'Happy Birthday 2000 AD' message on Twitter, stating that there'll be a video message to follow featuring a 'special guest'.

Considering Peggy is currently filming Star Trek 2, could the 'special guest' be you-know-who?

Saw that too... One can hope, ;)

Goaty

Even Jock tweet this;

could @simonpegg's special guest for the b'day message to @2000AD be DREDD himself Mr. Karl Urban? they're both filming Trek 2 right now...

MR. ELIMINATOR

That would be awesome!

JOE SOAP

The special guest...should be Stallone.

Gonk

"I knew you'd say that."
coming at a cinema near you soon

MR. ELIMINATOR

The tweet droid just posted stand by, maybe this is it?

JOE SOAP