Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

I do wonder though if the chief will wear the full judge's uniform - would seem slightly ridiculous for what is essentially an administrator to be decked out in full riot-style body armour. Fine in the comics, a bit silly on screen.

Gonk

I can't believe how cagey they are being with information over this film.
coming at a cinema near you soon

The Sherman Kid

Missed you previous post RC.As for the rest ,I actually work in marketing .........

Cue wait for something official to happen.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 March, 2012, 09:46:51 PM
Missed you previous post RC.As for the rest ,I actually work in marketing .........

I then refer you to m'learned friend Mr Bill Hicks.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 01 March, 2012, 09:54:28 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!   :lol: Jim Campbell's spirit lives on
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

vzzbux

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 01 March, 2012, 09:54:28 PM

:thumbsup: Just looked up that clip. Never seen it before. Brilliant.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

M.I.K.

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 March, 2012, 09:14:03 PM
#MIK -If you don't even know about the story you wont go and see it (silly  ;))

I already know more than enough about it. I don't need to know any more 'til shortly before it's available to watch. I tend not to plan trips to the pictures several months in advance. I do not need to know right now, in the same way I would not need to know, a year beforehand, about a new flavour of crisp that was coming out, or a new brand of absorbent toilet paper.

Steve Green

Really? Probably one of his most well-known bits, that and the crucifix/rifle thing...

I quite like Bill Hicks, just wish I found him funny.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Steve Green on 01 March, 2012, 10:13:22 PM
Really? Probably one of his most well-known bits, that and the crucifix/rifle thing...

I quite like Bill Hicks, just wish I found him funny.

Oddly enough, I agree totally.  A very interesting and charismatic guy, no doubt about it, and I would hope his intelligent anti-establishment message has made a profound impact.  But funny? Not to me, I'm afraid. Anyway, massive tangent - looking forward to the Dredd film, me
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

radiator

QuoteI quite like Bill Hicks, just wish I found him funny.

I'm in the same boat.

Used to own a Hicks video, some of his material is quite funny, but it is delivered in such an abrasive, toe-curling way I could never really get into it.

Goaty

Sorry as I was not know about Bill Hicks, or not hear him, (bit trick as youtube not got subtitles to see what he says)

But I found about him in Preacher graphic books.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Goaty on 01 March, 2012, 10:29:42 PM

Sorry as I was not know about Bill Hicks, or not hear him, (bit trick as youtube not got subtitles to see what he says)

But I found about him in Preacher graphic books.

I was just thinking about that - never been a fan either of Garth Ennis's tendency towards the whole 2 MEN + SHARED LIKE OF PARTICULAR ASPECT OF POP CULTURE = BONDING thing.  Still like his stuff all the same

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Thanks for clearing that up Radiator.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 01 March, 2012, 09:46:24 PM
I do wonder though if the chief will wear the full judge's uniform - would seem slightly ridiculous for what is essentially an administrator to be decked out in full riot-style body armour. Fine in the comics, a bit silly on screen.

She has a uniform with small epaulets.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 March, 2012, 09:14:03 PM
#Vzzbux -I'm busy.As for, 'they know what they are doing' ,they haven't got a good track record, the distributors, when it comes to promotion
#MIK -If you don't even know about the story you wont go and see it (silly  ;))
#Radiator-Stop labouring on cost.One man and his computer trained dog can set up and run a website for next to nowt, a poster isn't a big expense, nor is viral stuff, lots of cheap stuff they could be doing (how about releasing an artistic rendering of the city used for the film to generate buzz).As for District 9 ,they ran a very unique viral marketing campaign on and off the web which suited that particular film, you can't expect that for this film (especially from this distributor)
#Bat King - The above ( :D)

Whateva. It's a simplistic argument.

Total Recall will be released nearly 2 months before Dredd -has 6 times Dredd's budget- and there's still no trailer nor even a website for it either and I've yet to hear anyone complain or criticise. Why would anyone in their right mind release a trailer for Dredd now, at this time, with recent massive trailers for Avengers & Spider-Man swamping any competition and with very apparent similarities to the Raid -released in March- it would be incredibly foolish for them to play their hand. We ain't gonna see anything substantial till a lot of this stuff dies down.