Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

Quote from: fonky on 08 March, 2012, 01:51:48 PM
so the soundtrack's been recorded in Dubly?

Fecking ace! :)

dracula1

The last post by Joe sounds promising. Back to 80's style movie violence ... :)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 March, 2012, 02:30:10 PM
Someone on IMDB claims to have been at a promo screening:

I've just seen a 6min promo at a cinema in london. I'll lay my cards on the table. I thought the 1995 version was a mess. Some of the lighting and sets were very good but that was about it. I'm not a fan of the comics either.

The new version looked amazing. Huge sets but none of it looked studio bound. Imaging Bladerunner during daylight hours. There seemed to be alot of slow mo and a huge amount of violence. Very graphic violence. I haven't seen a mainstraem film this violent in some time. One scene had a man's head being blown apart in slow mo. This will be an R in the US and easily an 18 in the UK.

Wasn't looking forward to seeing it but am now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/board/thread/195926171

Of course it could be a "plant" with bad spelling. Seems a bit pandering to the cinema "swing voters".

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 March, 2012, 02:39:45 PM

I've just seen a 6min promo at a cinema in london. I'll lay my cards on the table. I thought the 1995 version was a mess. Some of the lighting and sets were very good but that was about it. I'm not a fan of the comics either.

The new version looked amazing. Huge sets but none of it looked studio bound. Imaging Bladerunner during daylight hours. There seemed to be alot of slow mo and a huge amount of violence. Very graphic violence. I haven't seen a mainstraem film this violent in some time. One scene had a man's head being blown apart in slow mo. This will be an R in the US and easily an 18 in the UK.

That IMDB user been at James Bond films IMDBs a lot... remind me of someone... but strange as this post is positive, so 6 mins promo... Where they could show it in London?

dracula1

Can any of our men in the know validate this?  ...

Beeks

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 March, 2012, 02:30:10 PM

Speechless..sounds like my prayers have been answered
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

radiator

QuoteOf course it could be a "plant" with bad spelling. Seems a bit pandering to the cinema "swing voters".

Do film studios really do this sort of thing, though? Wouldn't have thought it would make any difference whatsoever in terms of box office. And would they do it six months ahead of release?

Why would the filmmakers be screening a six-minute clip now? Is this common practice?

If this is true, then I expect we will be hearing more about it shortly.....

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 08 March, 2012, 03:07:30 PM
QuoteOf course it could be a "plant" with bad spelling. Seems a bit pandering to the cinema "swing voters".

Do film studios really do this sort of thing, though? Wouldn't have thought it would make any difference whatsoever in terms of box office. And would they do it six months ahead of release?

Yep. They sometimes do and appear on filmsites, they're easy to spot too.

Quote from: radiator on 08 March, 2012, 03:07:30 PM

Why would the filmmakers be screening a six-minute clip now? Is this common practice?

Could be for any reason, investors or gearing for promotions, exhibitors etc.

Gonk

An exploding head movie? Everyone loves an exploding head movie. Cor! :lol:

I agree with Radiator it seems a bit strange they're air a six minute promo clip now. I'd put it down to the amount of expectation there is surrounding this film... is it gonna be good or like the last one? If it's true then all this curiosity surrounding it bodes well for the film methinks.

Let's hope this insider information is reliable and not just a plant.
coming at a cinema near you soon

dracula1

Quote from: fonky on 08 March, 2012, 04:29:15 PM
An exploding head movie? Everyone loves an exploding head movie. Cor! :lol:

Remember 'Scanners' ... that had heads popping all over the show!

CYCLOPZ

Quote[quote author=JOE SOAP link=topic=34200.msg658803#msg658803

Wasn't looking forward to seeing it but am now.[/i]

Very nice to hear if true. And from a non fan.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: fonky on 08 March, 2012, 04:29:15 PM
I agree with Radiator it seems a bit strange they're air a six minute promo clip now.

Why, what's strange about it? It all depends on who they're showing it to. This stuff goes on all the time.

radiator

Whether its a bit of spin from the studio or a genuine post, I don't think it's bullshit - everything in it rings true.

JOE SOAP

It wasn't a public screening that's for sure, maybe early press, wait and see.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: radiator on 08 March, 2012, 06:01:09 PM
Whether its a bit of spin from the studio or a genuine post, I don't think it's bullshit - everything in it rings true.

Everything in it is public domain though, Anderson blowing a creeps head off and the [spoiler]script featuring the "slo-mo" scenes[/spoiler].

If it is a genuine critique then all good :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb