Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

2000ad just posted on FB about a major announcement this Friday,wonder if its film related?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Beeks

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 14 March, 2012, 07:35:33 PM
2000ad just posted on FB about a major announcement this Friday,wonder if its film related?

Been tweeted too..stand by your beds Earthlets!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Beeks on 14 March, 2012, 08:21:36 PM

Been tweeted too..stand by your beds Earthlets!

Major ? Ooooh lets hope so!
Never rub another mans rhubarb

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

CYCLOPZ

http://thefindmag.com/?p=16873 Wonder if any of these tracks will be suitable to use in the film.

Hmmm....

Gonk

..cheers...

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 14 March, 2012, 07:33:11 PM
There is however a chance that this may be leaked prior to release. The piratebay seems to acquire a lot of torrents that way, how and who does it is beyond me. Some say (musings on torrent sites) companies deliberately put a R5 realease (is a copy of a movie made with a telecine machine from an analog source and is typically of a lower quality than other region releases) out to boost potential box office sales.

It's probably more by accident than design that these things are "leaked", shall we say.
coming at a cinema near you soon

DKCX

Sit back and relax till June/July for the trailer knowing that we won't be shamed.I put word out to the brothers who attended the 95 mess with me when we were teens,also made this my one movie to watch for 2012 with my friends while they went for the obvious alien and prequel and batman final act.

Electromud

Please oh please oh please let it be the teaser.....
...the mask..the costume..the weapons..you know what I smell? I smell vigilante. And I don't like vigilantes!

JOE SOAP

I'm not sure 2000AD would be breaking the news about a film teaser since they aren't involved with the marketing.

Steve Green

Yeah, I think it's something else...

Goaty

New game app?

New comic?

JOE SOAP

It would be interesting if a Dredd trailer is attached to the Hunger Games release next week as it's all ready sold out with presales while more after midnight screenings are being scheduled but I don't really see it happening.

Michaelvk

Dunno about that.. Apparently Hunger games has a 12A rating, and generally they screen appropriate trailers?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Steve Green

How does it usually work?

Would they even trail an 18-rated film in a 12A over here? Normally it's all trailers are suitable for this presentation, but 12A seems such a fuzzy rating, I guess they could trail a 15-rated film, in a 12A rated trailer...

Maybe you're allowed to trail a certificate above, as along as the trailer's the same cert as the feature?

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Michaelvk on 15 March, 2012, 01:26:40 PM
Dunno about that.. Apparently Hunger games has a 12A rating, and generally they screen appropriate trailers?

I don't think it was so unsual, say, back in the '80s. I remember THE TERMINATOR being trailed before GHOSTBUSTERS with something along the lines of 'This is a PG trailer for an 18 film'.

These days, however (in the UK, at least), it's rare. That's assuming I'm not misremembering my being surprised by a coupla things being trailed prior to the film I was there to watch.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.