Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: Angry Vince on 13 April, 2012, 11:06:45 AM
And.... since we're here (nominally) for Dredd, I'll call down a 'Shut The Fuck Up' for all this shit about religion and politics.

No, you shut the fuck up. There...I win.

You're right though. It's a fools game talking about that shit. Back to Dredd...

Quote from: Angry Vince on 13 April, 2012, 11:06:45 AM
So what happened to this big announcement that was supposed to relate to one of the crew/actors? Or was that all just a feed-line for some poor April Fools Day jokes?

I didn't hear about that, what was said?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 30 March, 2012, 05:09:18 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 30 March, 2012, 03:55:55 PM
Be carefully, as it could be another false one from you-know-who, you could looks sheepish from it?
No its the real deal, but I have left it in the capable hands of Thargs advisors as I fear the Rigellian Hotshots coming my way should I post.
So out of my hands now. (Now I look dumb for posting!). Doh!

Think Judge Kowolsky had a bit of info 0n one of the DREDD actors Lee.

THARG's got 'im doing twenty to life on Titan. :-\
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

I notice on twitter today, that Total Film got it new mag out today, but one feature says Total Film bring you 12 surprise movies that should headline your list of ones to watch in 2012.

Anyone read Total Film today and see if Dredd is featured?

Danbo

He shouts [spoiler]Bike cannon[/spoiler]

Great stuff,reminds me of watching the old 60's Batman last week, his bat mobile broke down so he went for ( I shit you not) a bat walk.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 13 April, 2012, 11:28:17 AM
Be carefully, as it could be another false one from you-know-who, you could looks sheepish from it?
No its the real deal, but I have left it in the capable hands of Thargs advisors as I fear the Rigellian Hotshots coming my way should I post.

I should be off TITAN in 15 with a bit of luck. All information has been passed on the Molch-R Droid saves me doing 5 ;)

Never rub another mans rhubarb

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 13 April, 2012, 04:14:53 PM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 13 April, 2012, 11:28:17 AM

I should be off TITAN in 15 with a bit of luck. All information has been passed on the Molch-R Droid saves me doing 5 ;)

*Cant edit post.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

IAMTHESYSTEM

There so generous! :)

Hail our fascist overlords everybody.

― Nikola Tesla

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Goaty on 13 April, 2012, 12:27:50 PM
I notice on twitter today, that Total Film got it new mag out today, but one feature says Total Film bring you 12 surprise movies that should headline your list of ones to watch in 2012.

Anyone read Total Film today and see if Dredd is featured?

Not seen Total Film yet, but read SFX which has an article on Dredd, but nothing new at all just recycling stuff already out.

(PS Note to self -never post after a night out , at least I didn't slllurrrr my text  :|)

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 13 April, 2012, 04:35:14 AM
I still think you're a good bloke Beaky ,this is just a retort to something you brought up (can you tell it's a pet hate of mine  :lol:).

Ssshhh, don't be telling everyone that, I have a reputation as the token tea-bagger/religious moonbat of this forum to protect dude, although I can unequivocally state that I won't utter another word here about the whole religion/politics issue, I didn't learn my lesson after causing an almighty ruckus on the Political thread a while back, but I've learnt it now, from here on in, it's strictly Dredd and Dredd alone...

...speaking of which, does anyone have any idea if the new movie's Lawmaster tyres are going to be wide and fat, I seem to remember someone on the Altered States VFX (the company behind the props on Dredd) Facebook page asking the same question around late 2010, and those leaked photos of the Lawmaster are hard to discern at that angle, care to clarify the tyres issue Mr van Kesteren,  I so hope they're not skinny and ridiculous moped tyres like in the Stallone debacle ::)...!?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Misanthrope

...speaking of which, does anyone have any idea if the new movie's Lawmaster tyres are going to be wide and fat, I seem to remember someone on the Altered States VFX (the company behind the props on Dredd) Facebook page asking the same question around late 2010, and those leaked photos of the Lawmaster are hard to discern at that angle, care to clarify the tyres issue Mr van Kesteren,  I so hope they're not skinny and ridiculous moped tyres like in the Stallone debacle ::)...!?

I'm hoping that just like the van, they will replace them in post-production.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Misanthrope on 14 April, 2012, 04:41:06 AM
Quote...speaking of which, does anyone have any idea if the new movie's Lawmaster tyres are going to be wide and fat, I seem to remember someone on the Altered States VFX (the company behind the props on Dredd) Facebook page asking the same question around late 2010, and those leaked photos of the Lawmaster are hard to discern at that angle, care to clarify the tyres issue Mr van Kesteren,  I so hope they're not skinny and ridiculous moped tyres like in the Stallone debacle ::)...!?
'm hoping that just like the van, they will replace them in post-production.

I think what you saw is what you're going to get. DREDD is set in a near Future so I doubt they'll jazz anything up in P.P.

RoboCop has very old style vehicles with very little that was Futuristic about them and since DREDD is a mid budget Flick it has to save money some where.  This isn't a road Movie it's set inside one Block so not much point in spending lots of cash on vehicles your only going to see very briefly.

― Nikola Tesla

DeFuzzed

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 13 April, 2012, 12:50:27 PM
He shouts [spoiler]Bike cannon[/spoiler]

Do we actually know they stuck to the leaked script? Just curious. It seems like script changes can happen easily, and I'm thinking here of LOTR where they said it could happen every day.

I don't care whether he shouts it, to be honest, and prefer not if they're going for comic effect - and no, being reminded of 60s Batman is not good. Nowhere in the realm of good.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Rumour about the DREDD Movie possibly being shown at KAPOW Uk Convention. Rumour mind. Link below.

http://karlurbaninternational.foros.ws/t1874/rumor-dredd-and-karl-possibly-on-kapow-uk-convention/

― Nikola Tesla

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 14 April, 2012, 11:39:40 AM
Rumour about the DREDD Movie possibly being shown at KAPOW Uk Convention. Rumour mind. Link below.
http://karlurbaninternational.foros.ws/t1874/rumor-dredd-and-karl-possibly-on-kapow-uk-convention/

Er not shown more sort of Talked about. Sorry for the double post Mods. Not Titan, p-p--le-e-assee!!!

― Nikola Tesla

Pete Wells

Hmmmmm, Millar's PR machine implied there would be some Dredd news last year and, other than a few titbits from Jock, there was fuck all. It was hilarious when Burdis cornered Millar, towered over him and gave him a real piece of his mind!

So, I ain't gonna believe it until I see something concrete.