Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: Large48 on 18 May, 2012, 07:04:37 PM
Release date was said to be 7th September not 21st? of have I missed that discussion?

Yes. 7th is for UK, 21st for US.

Mr.Fastrope

what about rest of the europe?

dracula1

The rest of Europe will see it when we do probably .... bar Greece and Spain as their euro's will be worthless and won't cover the cost of admission into the cinema.  :-X

Oops!  Political thread!

dweezil2

Quote from: dracula1 on 18 May, 2012, 10:26:58 PM
The rest of Europe will see it when we do probably .... bar Greece and Spain as their euro's will be worthless and won't cover the cost of admission into the cinema.  :-X

Oops!  Political thread!

Who are you? Ben Elton?  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

karlurbaninternational

No walk outs, even with a banged aircon, even sitting people on the floor with the numbers of 1 or 40 or whatever, some ppl had to sit on the floor, and yes, even all ppl in there being bankroller, and yeah, even the IMGlobal boss speaking for all, it all indicates one for me: They really really wanted to see the movie, nothing could them stop. And for me this means: We will also :)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: karlurbaninternational on 18 May, 2012, 10:35:54 PM
No walk outs, even with a banged aircon, even sitting people on the floor with the numbers of 1 or 40 or whatever, some ppl had to sit on the floor

They were locked in.

karlurbaninternational

Michaelvk

Just re-read what I wrote in my previous post.. Makes no sense..

I wonder if the ushers were armed to persuade people nicely to stay and watch.?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

karlurbaninternational

In Judge Costumes? yum yum

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Goaty on 18 May, 2012, 09:14:38 AM
It's a project that would also normally have been set up at a studio, but instead, Reliance Big Entertainment and IM Global financed DNA Films' $40M adaptation of the UK comic created by John Wagner and illustrated by Carlos Ezquerra.

Thought it was $45m, according to every report since it got greenlit?  I'll say one thing though, after seeing that pic of the three Judges, I'm darn glad it's a British production company doing this adaptation, there's no way an American production would have designed them that way, they would have them looking more like Batman without the cape (and bat-ears), not the fascist stormtroopers they should look like, and indeed do on this film... roll on September 7th...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

TordelBack

Quote from: karlurbaninternational on 18 May, 2012, 11:16:39 PM
*snort* Oh boys.

We've been here before, KUI, and had nothing but ghastly photocovers and misguided logos to show for it.  Fool me once....

karlurbaninternational

@tordel: I do not understand what you mean *english is not my main language* but I am on yours side. There`s nothing better as fine first source material. Clean and HQ and official. And all wrapped in positive hope. :)

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 19 May, 2012, 03:22:27 AM
I'll say one thing though, after seeing that pic of the three Judges, I'm darn glad it's a British production company doing this adaptation

Woops, upon closer inspection, it's actually FOUR Judges, missed that one in the back... "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" indeed...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Hoagy

Quote from: karlurbaninternational on 19 May, 2012, 03:36:40 AM
@tordel: I do not understand what you mean *english is not my main language* but I am on yours side. There`s nothing better as fine first source material. Clean and HQ and official. And all wrapped in positive hope. :)

Don't worry KUF. It's not his first language either.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Quote from: George Dread on 19 May, 2012, 07:42:07 AM
Don't worry KUF. It's not his first language either.

True, my native tongue is the language of luurrve.  I admire and partly share your optimism, KUF, I just can't help thinking about the disappointments of the past.