Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Well, it only few months till Dredd film! I am happy with what they doing it well.

Hope I get to 200 pages?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 27 May, 2012, 01:17:46 PM
Quote from: A.Cow on 27 May, 2012, 01:05:44 PM

Well, there are plenty of ways to promote a movie like Dredd on a shoe-string budget. A medium budget movie would do well to use the internet to promote it. A directors blog for example would have been awesome. An official site with badge and date. I'm not asking for Avengers level promotion, just something that shows a bit of confidence and starts a good buzz.

Y'know I've just discovered there's a director's blog for the Raid. The film was released 2 weeks ago. You need to promote these things to have any real effectiveness outside the very curious on the web-o-tron.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Goaty on 27 May, 2012, 01:26:09 PM
Well, it only few months till Dredd film! I am happy with what they doing it well.
Hope I get to 200 pages?

Happy 200th Goaty!

I know it's a struggle folks but there's unlikely to be any Trailer or Poster till after the third Batman film is launched.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 27 May, 2012, 01:22:24 PM

Also, I have VERY high hopes for Dredd. Consider my posts a fanboy's concern. Good buzz among the geek community is worth quite a lot, and I think Dredd could do much better in that department.

In my experience the geek community's a double edged sword that is too quick to condemn without something substantial like a very convincing trailer. Giving them that 6 months ago would've been a little pointless, timing-wise.

HunterZolomon

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 May, 2012, 01:30:07 PM
Quote from: HunterZolomon on 27 May, 2012, 01:22:24 PM

Also, I have VERY high hopes for Dredd. Consider my posts a fanboy's concern. Good buzz among the geek community is worth quite a lot, and I think Dredd could do much better in that department.

In my experience the geek community's a double edged sword that is too quick to condemn without something substantial like a very convincing trailer. Giving them that 6 months ago would've been a little pointless, timing-wise.

Indeed it is. But not doing or showing anything tends to invite condemnation with more certainty. In my experience, movies with problems tend to be the ones that keep things quiet. I dearly hope I'm wrong about this one...

JOE SOAP

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 27 May, 2012, 01:36:46 PM
Indeed it is. But not doing or showing anything tends to invite condemnation with more certainty.

Of the things that were revealed the knives came out anyway, you can't win.

HunterZolomon

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 May, 2012, 01:39:24 PM
Quote from: HunterZolomon on 27 May, 2012, 01:36:46 PM
Indeed it is. But not doing or showing anything tends to invite condemnation with more certainty.

Of the things that were revealed the knives came out anyway, you can't win.

But it was hardly condemnation was it. You will always get the "helmet-too-big" crowd, but I saw quite a bit of praise as well. From what I've seen it is the lack of info people are mostly concerned with.

JOE SOAP

...and then they got distracted by the Avengers, Spider-Man, TDKR, Prometheus...

The Sherman Kid

Well the proof will ,in the end ,be in the pudding.If the film is great and does poorly at the box office, then blame can rightly be placed at those marketing it.I disagree with what they have done so far, which is almost zero, but if they come up with a great late campaign that pulls it up ,creating lots of media interest and generates good box office, then fair play to them.

I'll see it numerous times ,good or bad, just to support it and hope it gets a sequel.John Wagner's recommendation is mustard and the best PR to date.It is a pity about the vehicles, which do look terrible, lets make no bones about it -great vehicles have been the a big part of too many films to mention so would have been a big help.As they are a small part of the movie, hopefully it won't mar the film -if we see a Lawmaster 'chasing' a beaten up old van though that will really jar for me.We'll see.

Steve Green

[/quote]

And it's left this punter pissed-off with having to wait for the final product to appear.  That's negative publicity in the long run.

[/quote]

You're pissed off that something you're getting for free is taking too long? And you would have done it differently how? Not said a peep? Not shown anything?

The only reason the teaser trailer appeared when it did was because Scojo took it on himself to rob a couple of shots from my reel that I updated after I got made redundant. It forced our hand to put something official out there.

When you're doing something for free, there's obviously a limit on what you can achieve and how long it takes - People have jobs, families etc.

I'm currently at work in the office on a Sunday afternoon waiting for renders, and before that this morning I was working on tracking effects into Minty.

All in all I'd much rather be enjoying the sunshine.

Danbo

Its out in just over 3 months and none of us have been spoiled bar a few photos.
For all my whingeing I'm glad I've not seen a bean,It's that close I now want to go in cold,sure I want to see the trailer but I'm going to try and hold off.

Try,I'm not bloody Yoda.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CraveNoir

I wouldn't be surprised to see both trailer and poster in the next couple of weeks.

Paul Hampshire was Karl Urban's stunt double during filming. The photos here are new to most people as the high res versions have been inaccessible until a few days ago... as was most of the site!

http://www.paulhampshire.com/2011/06/09/judge-dredd-2011/

The photos are of the weapons training (run by Dan Hirst I think), and there's a location photo taken beneath the Civic Centre which rewards careful study.
The woman is Olivia Thirlby's stunt double, Fleur van Eeden, and the man holding the sandbag is Adam Horton of Hooligan Stunts.

dracula1

All that can be said is the wait has been long more so than other comparable movies. It better be good or Global will get a public roasting unfortunately and there goes the franchise!   :'(

darnmarr

Seems unlikely that a 'non-good' film would start a franchise: no matter what folk of Global.

darnmarr

OOps!-please insert the word 'think' into the above sentence somewhere...