Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Through all our spamming I don't recall anyone mentioning the film's runtime. With screenings having occurred I would've expected someone to give a general guesstimate at least.

Stan

I notice JW explained his minor issue with the film further down the update. If the vehicles are all it is then I'm relieved. I thought it may have been something a little more blasphemous.

The quibble: use of modern day vehicles in a futuristic setting. Given the budget constraints it is hard to see what they could do to avoid it. It's no big deal, really. It's over quickly and once you're past that it's full steam ahead into Dreddworld. If this film does well we can expect the budget on the next to increase, therefore more money for such SFX. And just consider, on a budget effectively less than a fifth of the Stallone piece they've managed to make a movie far more representative of the character and strip we all know and love.

Danbo

94 days....  man I'm bored.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

93 and a half *yawn* :|
Never rub another mans rhubarb

shaolin_monkey

Yeah, starting to lose interest now...

NOT!

shaolin_monkey

Bah, that might have been vaguely amusing if I'd selected spoiler instead of strikeout.  Heigh ho.  :lol:

JOE SOAP

Some previz -animated- CGI Dredd footage at 31 seconds on this showreel:

http://www.sagarrathod.com/filmandtv.html

shaolin_monkey

Wow, Slo-Mo in action, eh?  How do you find his stuff?!?

JOE SOAP

Someone put it on Facebook.

jay jay

has that clip been removed? i don't see it in the showreel. anyone have another link to it? i'd like to see it.

JOE SOAP

Goaty

Quote from: jay jay on 05 June, 2012, 10:14:33 PM
has that clip been removed? i don't see it in the showreel. anyone have another link to it? i'd like to see it.

still there... it's animated slow-motion gun fights...

dracula1

Nice action sequences.  :o Any of this def' Dredd? :-*

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dracula1 on 05 June, 2012, 10:20:51 PM
Nice action sequences.  :o Any of this def' Dredd? :-*

Yep, Dredd is in his CV.

dracula1

Cheers Joe abit more info' to keep us all going till trailer time.