Quote from: Toni Scandella on 06 June, 2012, 10:40:53 PM
the helmet looks too small...

;)

It's getting bored and old.

Quote from: George Dread on 07 June, 2012, 01:02:13 AM
Quote from: Toni Scandella on 06 June, 2012, 10:40:53 PM
the helmet looks too small...

;)
On the contrary. The helmet looks the best its ever been seen.

It's called sarcasm.

Glad someone noticed I wasn't being serious.  It was more a comment at all the 'helmet is too big' comments all over the internet from the dark pics we had seen previously - as soon as we see a decent picture it looks spot on and perfect.

Jesus. I knew it was sarcasm and used it as a segway for also mentioning how I thought the helmet looked as I'd omitted to in the previous post. So I came in with " on the contrary"? So?

That said, it is a statement contrary to what was said, be it sarcasm or an actual statement. If you want icons maybe lead with them. And maybe, just maybe Goaty right, but please don't think of that one of mine is a kneejerk reaction. If I had a moustache puckering icon at my disposal perhaps you could have seen I was in the know as it were. Christ. I hate the internet sometimes.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

darnmarr

Quote from: George Dread on 07 June, 2012, 05:55:05 PM
...Christ. I hate the internet sometimes....
Hard to judge the 'tone' sometimes alright.

Toni Scandella

It can be, so apologies.  No snarkiness intended, George Dread.

Hoagy

Thanks. I thought I was to be judged by my rant. No problem Tony. Maybe being frustrated at how the internet works is a bit off topic.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Goaty

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 07 June, 2012, 05:51:05 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 June, 2012, 03:46:46 PM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 07 June, 2012, 03:07:17 PMSeeing that I think it does make him seem a bit bigger and more intimidating

Dredd: Freeze, punks!

Crim: Oh man, he looks pretty intimidating!

Dredd: Drokk! These new shoulder pads are too big and I can't raise my arms.

*Crim kicks Dredd's chin off*

Surely that would just break his foot?

No that would be RICO with his metal chin.

Bubba Zebill

I wonder how (or if) the film uniform will affect the way artists draw the character?
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

TordelBack

Quote from: BOODA on 07 June, 2012, 09:12:31 PM
I wonder how (or if) the film uniform will affect the way artists draw the character?

Given that several* still do the Stallone collars, probably.

Flinty's already started rounding the shoulder pad. 

*I've got my eye on you, Holden.

JOE SOAP

Ben Willsher has drawn similar gauntlets and Utility Judges featuring chest-pads with straps.

Steve Green

There's been a noticeable tinting of the whole.

My take on it is, use what works but it's pointless to slavishly copy all aspects of something that has been modified once to work in another medium when you're going back to where it started.

Otherwise we're going to end up with H-Wagons replaced with 4x4s rented from Avis.

Stan

I can forgive most things as long as the helmet is a 'U' shape rather than a rounded 'V' like Dredd spends his spare time picking rice.

JOE SOAP

Brendan McCarthy is drawing you naked with no helmet.

Spaceghost

Chris Blythe started colouring Dredd's visor all black (instead of the old school 'two-tone' version) shortly before we saw the first ever movie pic. It's always all black now.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Stu101

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 June, 2012, 09:41:02 PM
There's been a noticeable tinting of the whole.

My take on it is, use what works but it's pointless to slavishly copy all aspects of something that has been modified once to work in another medium when you're going back to where it started.

Otherwise we're going to end up with H-Wagons replaced with 4x4s rented from Avis.

Nice last line  :lol:

Adrian Bamforth

I quite like a V-shaped helmet (oo-er missus)... Nothing wrong with the U version of course, though I often find some artists forget that the helmet is supposed to provide some kind of padding, while allowing the skin to breathe, are if not just part of Dredd's head. With the helmet on for so many hours of the day I fear he would look like some kind of unmasked Vadar creature underneath.

jay jay