Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teivion

shaolin_monkey

Well, those pics and the poster are shite.

Who am I ferkin kidding - THEY'RE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I really make a habit of not doing this, but heck, it's a special occasion:

SQUUUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!  :lol:

chuffsteruk

Typing in #Dredd on Twitter brings up some VERY positive comments  :)

clavell

Liking the city shot :D

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 08 June, 2012, 07:32:53 PM
They seem to be quite positive over at AICN's about the poster which is as rare as rocking horse shit.

They have said in the past they didnt really "get" nor like Dredd. Lets hope this has converted them.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

dracula1

Just clocked these beauties on Facebook ... By Grud they're awesome!  Love the developing skyline of a growing Meg not quite big yet. The poster is awesome minus any shitey photoshoppery and lens flares. Its just pure noir lighting and looks amazing.  One thing ... DREDD holding gun with his left hand in the poster.  He is expert enough to shoot with both with equal accuracy but l thought his firing arm was right handed?

Misanthrope

Quote from: dracula1 on 08 June, 2012, 08:07:01 PM
Just clocked these beauties on Facebook ... By Grud they're awesome!  Love the developing skyline of a growing Meg not quite big yet. The poster is awesome minus any shitey photoshoppery and lens flares. Its just pure noir lighting and looks amazing.  One thing ... DREDD holding gun with his left hand in the poster.  He is expert enough to shoot with both with equal accuracy but l thought his firing arm was right handed?

Judges are trained to be ambidextrous.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Buttonman

'Sternhammer Block' - lovin' it! Getting a real bit excited about this and not just because 'Real 3-D' means I can save £1 with my 'Avatar' glasses!

Steve Green

Seems like it's more of a design choice, they want the badge to be readable, so it's got to be viewed from that side, although the eagle pad side is probably more interesting visually.

radiator

The poster seems to be getting an overwhelmingly positive reception around the web - very heartening to see this movie finally getting some positive buzz!

Michaelvk

Quote from: Misanthrope on 08 June, 2012, 08:08:33 PM
Quote from: dracula1 on 08 June, 2012, 08:07:01 PM

Judges are trained to be ambidextrous.

That and the other side is a bit bland in comparison..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

The Adventurer

I'm sort of shocked there isn't more reaction to the wheeled vehicles in that Mega-City 1 shot. Contemporary trucks do not strike me as 'post-atomic war cyberpunk dystopia nightmare'

Also the skyline doesn't look nearly choked out by buildings that can hold the population of a small city enough.

Now I'm not saying it looks BAD, I'm just saying my first impression for the presentation of Mega-City 1 doesn't feel nearly overwhelming enough. At the very least Stallone Dredd got that right.

I hope 'boring looking wheeled trucks' was Wagner's 'minor complaint at the beginning' when he got to watch the film.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Toni Scandella

This looks much more awesome than I ever dared to hope.  Truly, truly excited now!

radiator

Quote from: The Adventurer on 08 June, 2012, 08:18:36 PM
I'm sort of shocked there isn't more reaction to the wheeled vehicles in that Mega-City 1 shot. Contemporary trucks do not strike me as 'post-atomic war cyberpunk dystopia nightmare'

Also the skyline doesn't look nearly choked out by buildings that can hold the population of a small city enough.

Now I'm not saying it looks BAD, I'm just saying my first impression for the presentation of Mega-City 1 doesn't feel nearly overwhelming enough. At the very least Stallone Dredd got that right.

I hope 'boring looking wheeled trucks' was Wagner's 'minor complaint at the beginning' when he got to watch the film.

We've all known about the use of modern day vehicles for a long time - that's why it hasn't really been remarked upon.

And yes, the vehicles were Wagner's only remaining 'quibble' - but everything else he didn't like has been addressed.

radiator

So, the 'Judgment is coming' tag line confirms that the leaked badge/blood splatter teaser poster was indeed genuine, though it was probably a mockup.