Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Quote from: Steve Green on 15 June, 2012, 03:23:37 PM
No, I made a similar point.

As a guess the makers might argue that as with riot cops today, the average person in the street doesn't wear kneepads to match them.

Stick any modern day police, particularly armed, Met style cops in a crowd of normal people and they'll stand out.

(bet my HTML doesn't work).

Danbo

And as for niggles,I have them for every film if it's an adaptation I care about,Batman legs look silly,wargs are wolves not hyenas etc,but you have to let shit like that slide or it will just ruin an otherwise good film.....little things.

Dredds coming and I can't bloody wait.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Diminished Responsibility

QuoteYou mean Rick Deckard - Deckard Cain is a character in the Diablo games!

I've already noticed, did you miss my follow up comment? I can only shed so many tears in shame :(
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 15 June, 2012, 04:58:25 PM
QuoteYou mean Rick Deckard - Deckard Cain is a character in the Diablo games!

I've already noticed, did you miss my follow up comment? I can only shed so many tears in shame :(

Oops - sorry, D.R. - didn't see the follow-up! (If it helps, the only reason I spotted it was that Deckard Cain is on my mind because I'm debating whether to buy Diablo III!)

- Mike

darnmarr

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 June, 2012, 04:38:15 PM
... take it as a given that this is the style of the film and trust that it works. I haven't seen a valid argument that says that it won't.
A valid argument? - I haven't seen an argument that says it wont full-stop. Nobody made one. It just so happens that the distinctive and stylised helmet design ( which I love btw ) seems a little out of place in photographs where Mega-Citizens are dressed in such a contemporary fashion that it's not exactly clear who is cast and who is crew.
That's a comment on the photos only.
MichealVk says it works, and that's good enough for me.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: darnmarr on 15 June, 2012, 05:07:34 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 June, 2012, 04:38:15 PM
... take it as a given that this is the style of the film and trust that it works. I haven't seen a valid argument that says that it won't.
A valid argument? - I haven't seen an argument that says it wont full-stop. Nobody made one.

Yep, that's what I said.

darnmarr

Sorry.'valid' threw me; thought it meant you might have seen a non-valid one.

JOE SOAP

This thread is now invalid.

Goaty

Now that is perfect Dredd!

dracula1

The citizens / perps are not normal enough!  And Anderson's helmet isn't as large as it should be.  Prior apologies to less tolerant boarders for these bland comments in advance.
;)

Diminished Responsibility

QuoteDeckard Cain is on my mind because I'm debating whether to buy Diablo III!

Don't, it's nearly as bad as WoW for soul sucking...

DREDD!

Like the costume
Loving MC-1
Think the bike will look mean as all hell in the movie

Loving everything I'm seeing, and anxiously awaiting a flipping trailer! lol

But don't mind a bit of debate on what we have to go on. Trying not to get my expectations up too high, but District 9 only cost $30 mil and looked great, and DREDD has an extra $15 mil to play with.

"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

James

Quote from: Goaty on 15 June, 2012, 05:22:47 PM
Now that is perfect Dredd!

Karl's got very small hands, or is it just the McMahon effect?

Stan

Maybe it's the lighting but one thing about the extras is that they do appear quite colourful. That in itself gives off a Meg vibe (for me at least).

Spaceghost

So now the helmet is too accurate...

JESUS CHRIST.

Depending on the artist, MC1 citizens clothing veers wildly between over the top futuristic and contemporary styles.

We already knew they were going for a more realistic Mega City One. This looks absolutely fine.

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

darnmarr

Quote from: Lee Bates on 15 June, 2012, 06:01:11 PM
So now the helmet is too accurate...

JESUS CHRIST...
... This looks absolutely fine.
To you, to me these elements look a little odd together

in this couple of photographs.