Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Lovely gesture by Mr Garland!

And Karl Urban will be at the London Comic-Com!

Cool, might be able to make this one.

Anyone elase from the board going?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mark Taylor

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it before but I was just reading Necropolis and it struck me how similar Olivia Thirbly looks to Anderson as portrayed in that epic. Just take a look at the last few pages of story in the Case Files vol. 14 if you have it. Thirlby has a fuller mouth and nose but other than that even the facial features are similar.

blackmocco

Quote from: Syne on 30 June, 2012, 08:52:36 AM
Quote from: BOODA on 30 June, 2012, 08:42:45 AM
Trying to stay off the thread until I see the film, but wow, those new shots are something else! I've said before but so many future cities look so similar, yet this MC1 is so distinctive. I can't think of another film that has a city like this. It's a double triumph because it's oppressive, citizens are packed together in the blocks yet the place looks so lonely. I wonder if the creators were aware they would get name-checked?

I agree on it looking quite unique, also on the lonely feel. It almost looks to me as though the blocks were part of a massive construction project that got curtailed by disaster - nuclear war, I guess - leaving no money or resources to fill in the wasteland/old buildings between them.

See, I get the opposite vibe from the mega blocks. To me, these look like they were built very quickly after the war. Once the scale of the refugees became clear, looks like these were just slapped together and then piled high with survivors. Comfort comes second. Necessity comes first. Agree about the lonely vibe though.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

MR. ELIMINATOR

The city looks ace!

Also, that letter from Alex Garland was awesome!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: blackmocco on 29 June, 2012, 06:08:35 PM
And then this morning, this arrives at the office...

Fucking unbelievable! Made my day and then some!

The mans a Gilbert Shelton fan. In the late 80's I once saw my dad coming home from work wearing an old badge I had lost...Freak bros, it read "Fxxx the 80's let's get back to the 60's"

Blackmocco ...this is a fantastic thing to Be given, what a cool thing have, you should frame it.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: blackmocco on 30 June, 2012, 03:36:45 PM
Quote from: Syne on 30 June, 2012, 08:52:36 AM
Quote from: BOODA on 30 June, 2012, 08:42:45 AM
Trying to stay off the thread until I see the film, but wow, those new shots are something else! I've said before but so many future cities look so similar, yet this MC1 is so distinctive. I can't think of another film that has a city like this. It's a double triumph because it's oppressive, citizens are packed together in the blocks yet the place looks so lonely. I wonder if the creators were aware they would get name-checked?

I agree on it looking quite unique, also on the lonely feel. It almost looks to me as though the blocks were part of a massive construction project that got curtailed by disaster - nuclear war, I guess - leaving no money or resources to fill in the wasteland/old buildings between them.

See, I get the opposite vibe from the mega blocks. To me, these look like they were built very quickly after the war. Once the scale of the refugees became clear, looks like these were just slapped together and then piled high with survivors. Comfort comes second. Necessity comes first. Agree about the lonely vibe though.
That makes a lot of sense.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Martin Jameson

Thought I'd have a little look around the internet to see what others were saying about the new film coming - crikey wish I'd never bothered. It made for some depressing reading.

vzzbux

Now that is a piece of greatness Blackmocco. Proves that Mr Garland frequents these patures and suffers our drivel. 346 pages on this thread alone.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Danbo

Quote from: Light Surfer on 30 June, 2012, 09:36:10 PM
Thought I'd have a little look around the internet to see what others were saying about the new film coming - crikey wish I'd never bothered. It made for some depressing reading.
I'm seeing much the same thing towards The Dark Knight Rises and Spiderman.
Pinch.Of.Salt.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

darnmarr

I wouldn't worry about it: The actual reactions by those who've actually seen the actual film of  a very different flavour.

Mind you that is only two people so far.

Misanthrope

I have seen fans of The Expendables slagging off The Dark Knight.

That is like Jordan slagging off Rachel Weisz.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

JOE SOAP

or Sex & the City fans taking a pop at Twilight.

Misanthrope

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 June, 2012, 10:09:14 PM
or Sex & the City fans taking a pop at Twilight.

Aren't they one and the same?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

The Sherman Kid

I wouldn't worry about, those who have seen it love it. Besdies take You Tube as an example the likes outnumber dislikes 10 to 1 ,yet reading the posts you wouldn't think so. I think negative posters like the sound of their own voice and post multiple times.

Stan

Opinion definitely changed for the better, post-trailer, from what I've been reading. I'd imagine the first one is probably the hardest to get right aswell. I just hope it's still doing the rounds when Batman hits cinemas.